iFJF fuel filter

iFJF fuel filter

This is a discussion on iFJF fuel filter within the RAM 1500 Diesel Maintenance forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; So I just received what I thought was going to be a Mopar OEM fuel filter 68235275AA. I got excited over the $20 price and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: iFJF fuel filter

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Laramie Longhorn CC 4x2
    Liked
    8 times

iFJF fuel filter

So I just received what I thought was going to be a Mopar OEM fuel filter 68235275AA. I got excited over the $20 price and free next day delivery through Amazon and didn't pay attention that it didn't say Mopar. What I received is a iFJF 68235275AA. It looks exactly like the Mopar filter in every way. Has anyone else ever used this brand?
    Grant

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgwildinLB View Post
    So I just received what I thought was going to be a Mopar OEM fuel filter 68235275AA. I got excited over the $20 price and free next day delivery through Amazon and didn't pay attention that it didn't say Mopar. What I received is a iFJF 68235275AA. It looks exactly like the Mopar filter in every way. Has anyone else ever used this brand?
    Grant
    General consensus is stick with mopar for fuel filter. That being said, if you only went say 10k miles on it, it might be ok

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    MR. TED likes this.

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1583 times
    If its made of the same type material and has the same micron rating I might consider it.

I have seen some of the aftermarket filters that appear to be pleated paper filters, I wouldn't trust one of those.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    8 times
    This thing looks, and feels, exactly like the Mopar filter other than a different name stamped on it. I've seen the pics on here of those blown out pleated filters. I've only used the Mopar up to this point. I'll update on how it works out.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 EcoD Quadcab 4x4
    Liked
    457 times
    All I can say it looks exactly like the OEM one and the ECOgard XF10321. Others like the WIX 10245, PGF312 and GF5275 are just pleated. I wonder if the OEM and ECOgard just have an extra wrapping of filter material over the pleats.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Any updates on this? I am sure you won't know how it's performed until you change but have you noticed any negative symptoms. From the images it looks identical I'm just wondering about the micron rating etc.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram 3500 Megacab. True Blue, SRW, AS69RC
    Liked
    104 times
    Not only micron rating but what are its water separating abilities? Im all for saving money but concessions have to be made, I don't concede on filtering ability.
    MR. TED likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    8 times
    So far, about 2,600 miles, no change in performance that I've noticed. Or fuel mileage. Haven't checked for water separation. Probably won't for another 2,400 miles.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '19 Ram Cummins
    Liked
    6907 times
    Think water separation is just a result of the gap below the filter. Fuel floats on top of waterl. If it builds up it triggers a float to alert the operator. Do not think water separation has anything to do with the filter.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    A water separator should have a coalescing filter (silicon treated cellulose outer wrapper, or similar) to separate the water from the fuel. This wrapper prevents the water from passing through into the filtration media. Once stopped by the wrapper the water will coalesce into droplets big enough so gravity will pull them to the bottom of the bowl. There you can drain the water.

From what I have seen of the MOPAR part, they refer to it as a fuel filter / water separator. By that description I believe that the MOPAR fuel filter has a hydrophobic barrier ( water separating wrapper) that prevents water from passing into the filtration media and thereby causing the coalescing that removes the water from the fuel.

If the "pleated" filters do not say they are water separating, I would not use them. If you use these and then check to see if any water was separated and don't find any, you are too late, the game is over, or soon will be. As any water in the fuel has passed into the injectors.
    With injectors closing at 2500 bar, or more, a water molecule will destroy the injector tip and orifice.
    Kazimodo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links