Drop in DEF Use

Drop in DEF Use

This is a discussion on Drop in DEF Use within the RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanical forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; My truck used 1/2 tank of DEF in the 1st 2500 miles. My CEL popped on and was on for 4 days then went away ...

Thread: Drop in DEF Use

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Big Horn ED 4x4
    Liked
    26 times

Drop in DEF Use

My truck used 1/2 tank of DEF in the 1st 2500 miles. My CEL popped on and was on for 4 days then went away after towing my boat with my truck 75 miles. That was almost 3 weeks ago. No More CEL and DEF usage seems nonexistent. Has anyone noticed a drop in DEF usage following a regeneration?
    Last edited by Skiff Man; 08-15-2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Grammar error

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black gold Ram EcoD, Bighorn 4X, tow group, lux group, protec group, antispin
    Liked
    30 times
    I would welcome a drop in def use. I only have 1200 miles and have used an eighth of a tank assuming the dealer actualy topped it off.. Havn't had a posted regen or cel yet. At the rate it's going I can't see it stretching 10k. No towing yet by the way. A lot of commuter traffic and an slow dirt road excursion.

Pip
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I really haven't seen the usage some have. I just turned over 2700 miles and DEF is showing about 7/8ths of a tank. I haven't really been driving too much hwy speeds lately, though. Mostly country backroads where I might be around 45-55mph most of the time. I also don't idle much, think I'm showing 3 hrs idle time according to the EVICT.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    72 times
    It is funny that you post this as I was thinking the same thing, I filled my tank at 6100 miles and now have 7900 on and it has not gone below the full mark yet. I did have a regen at 6900 mile and I stuffed the tank when I filled it. I wonder if having the tank completely full we will realize the 10,000 mile mark if we are not towing?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 ram 1500 diesel reg cab
    Liked
    82 times
    I have 2000 miles on my truck the def was on 3/4 when I picked it up it's now just below the 3/4 line I'm glad the idle time was noted I have 3 hours also

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 ram ecodiesel outdoorsman
    Liked
    4 times
    I have noticed the same thing. I have close to 5k on this tank of def and am sitting just over 1/2 tank left. First tank of def only lasted 6k

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black gold Ram EcoD, Bighorn 4X, tow group, lux group, protec group, antispin
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cat man View Post
    I have 2000 miles on my truck the def was on 3/4 when I picked it up it's now just below the 3/4 line I'm glad the idle time was noted I have 3 hours also
    Where are you guys seeing idle time on the evic?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 ram 1500 diesel reg cab
    Liked
    82 times
    If you scrol to vehicle info go down in that sub mode it will tell you idle time and drive time if I remember right most of the idle time was on it when I picked up the truck I tried to hint at the guys that were getting a cel to see how much idle time they were showing but not ever came of it

Sponsored Links