Lag Returns with GDE Tune? - Page 6

Lag Returns with GDE Tune?

This is a discussion on Lag Returns with GDE Tune? within the RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanical forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Check for dragging brakes, we had this on one of our trucks and it hurt the fuel economy significantly. Other than that, just keep up ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Lag Returns with GDE Tune?

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2582 times
    Check for dragging brakes, we had this on one of our trucks and it hurt the fuel economy significantly. Other than that, just keep up on general maintenance and tires. The ecm tuning cannot magically change, it is there for the life of the vehicle. FYI, in many parts of the US the winter fuel comes in 15 October and this also will hurt fuel economy.
    pqw3413 and BrianS like this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    Check for dragging brakes, we had this on one of our trucks and it hurt the fuel economy significantly. Other than that, just keep up on general maintenance and tires. The ecm tuning cannot magically change, it is there for the life of the vehicle. FYI, in many parts of the US the winter fuel comes in 15 October and this also will hurt fuel economy.
    Okay, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks. I had not considered a change in tires or fuel.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM CC EcoDiesel Laramie with Ram Box, Leather, Heated/Vented Seats, Air Suspension, and P Sens
    Liked
    179 times
    So after running my stock ECU for the past two weeks, I put my GDE ECU back in and it's amazing again. I'm thinking that the "lag" wasn't really back, as much as I had just gotten use to the way the truck was performing. Run stock for a few weeks and you'll appreciate the GDE tune.

As for MPG, I put some cleaner in the tank. We'll see if it's an injector build up issue.
    BrianS likes this.
    MODs: GDE Tune | Amp Research Power Steps | BakflipG2 Tonneau Cover (Don't Buy one) | Stubby Ant and Dee Tailgate Assist

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    So after running my stock ECU for the past two weeks, I put my GDE ECU back in and it's amazing again. I'm thinking that the "lag" wasn't really back, as much as I had just gotten use to the way the truck was performing. Run stock for a few weeks and you'll appreciate the GDE tune.

As for MPG, I put some cleaner in the tank. We'll see if it's an injector build up issue.
    Good to know! I was considering putting in some injector cleaner in as well. What product did you use? I've seen a few; Lucas, Techron, and BG245. I'll be curious to know if you seen any improvement.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 RAM CC EcoDiesel Laramie with Ram Box, Leather, Heated/Vented Seats, Air Suspension, and P Sens
    Liked
    179 times
    Hot Shot's Secrete. Gained 1 MPG with my last tank. I'll see next week what this one does.

I know. 1 MPG is nothing. The cleaner costs more than that, but it's not the missing MPG. It's the fact that it's missing. In other words, what is the cause? If dirty injectors are the cause, then cleaning them can only be beneficial in the long run. My 2 cents. Take 'em for what they are worth.
    FLDieseler likes this.
    MODs: GDE Tune | Amp Research Power Steps | BakflipG2 Tonneau Cover (Don't Buy one) | Stubby Ant and Dee Tailgate Assist

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 ED Lonestar 4x2
    Liked
    7 times
    I second the Hot Shot.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Hey, 1 MPG is 1 MPG. I have not heard of Hot Shot before. Can you get it at a local auto parts store, or do you have to order it?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have the same issue.. mine feels VERY laggy, have only had the the tune for about 5k miles.. even at a dead stop if I floor it, it feels the same as it did when it was stock.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JD915 View Post
    Hey, 1 MPG is 1 MPG. I have not heard of Hot Shot before. Can you get it at a local auto parts store, or do you have to order it?
    Amazon. Last tank still was low. Around 24, but I've been bouncing from 22 to 24, so maybe I'm bouncing from 24-26? We'll see.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links