Service Electronic Throttle Control: Anyone else dealing with this issue - Page 3

Service Electronic Throttle Control: Anyone else dealing with this issue

This is a discussion on Service Electronic Throttle Control: Anyone else dealing with this issue within the RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanical forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; I have a 2018 with 14000 kms and during two cold snaps of -30 Celsius it threw that code twice, it was sitting outside plugged ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Service Electronic Throttle Control: Anyone else dealing with this issue

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Crew Cab, Tradesman, 3:92
    Liked
    8 times
    I have a 2018 with 14000 kms and during two cold snaps of -30 Celsius it threw that code twice, it was sitting outside plugged in and I also have it’s sports bra on for the winter ... I called the dealer to see if they had seen this before, but they said they hadn’t. I’m lucky enough to be able to fit her in my heated garage over night, erased the codes and they never came back.

Now the other day during the warm weather, she, actually her name is “Christine” those of you old enough to remember that movie will know what I’m talking about, decided to throw “invalid data receives from TCM” at me, I just erased it and went on my way, never came back. I call her Christine for obvious reasons related to the movie, but also all of the incidents that have happened, always happened to my wife when she was driving the truck 🤣

Coming from a 2015 Ecodiesel owner which threw numerous DTC’s at me during my three years of ownership and dieing on me while leaving for a weekend camping trip, I was really hoping that my 2018 model of of been different, oh well live and learn I guess ....

Member #
    Had this issue June 30, 2018 while pulling a trailer from California to Utah. Previous issues were 6 shop visits for CELs followed by "the one" that lead to this. Symptoms prior to it were no power to take off until getting to about 15 mph. While doing freeway speeds, message popped on dash with truck quickly dropping down to 40 mph max and barely climbing up overpass grades. Btw, I have a 2014 EcoDiesel 1500 Laramie 4X4. Found a Hotel that allowed me to park it for the night until I could return to get it the next morning. I was travelling with 2 other vehicles so we kept on going for the night as we were 3 hours from our destination. Took to Spanish Fork Utah RAM dealer and Service Writer Ryan got me in and diagnosed it to be my EGR(s) and EGR Cooler. In the end it actually turned out to be the complete EGR system had to be replaced and I had to get a Claims Manager from FCA to get involved to get it fixed. Happy to state, no issues and 30.000 miles later is running fine except for seemingly a power loss on take off after the AEM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links