Service Electronic Throttle Control: Anyone else dealing with this issue

This is a discussion on Service Electronic Throttle Control: Anyone else dealing with this issue within the RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanical forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; I have a issue with my 2016 Eco-diesel. I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Service Electronic Throttle Control: Anyone else dealing with this issue

Member #

I have a issue with my 2016 Eco-diesel. I lost acceleration at points in my driving and then got a message " Service Electronic Throttle Control " I have 113000 km on my vehicle so warranty is up by 13000 km. Dealership said it was going to be a $4800.00 fix. Contacted Dodge to see if they could do anything of coarse the answer was "NO". Even though the soot must have been building up before the light came on. I would like to know how many people this has happened to. This should be a recall cause it is a safety concern if your vehicle fails to accelerate in an intersection this could become a deadly situation.

If you have gotten the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" or are starting to lose power while driving please comment

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Laramie Crew.
    Liked
    194 times
    All you have to do is search and read this forum or google it. Hundreds of posts about this issue. P0299 code is most common. The "Service Electronic Throttle Control" is like having a headache but then finding out you have brain cancer and have a week to live.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Diesel
    Liked
    193 times
    You can search for my posts - there have been a few. Ended up being the Accelerator Pedal. It is drive by wire - started sending the wrong data to the ECM. So what was "limp" mode was actually the Pedal not responding properly, which generated a number of error codes, etc.

There was nothing wrong with the Engine. Once the pedal was replaced, it has not happened again. I have a 2014 with 100K.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1003 times
    My truck had this issue. Kind of. Mine's symptom was that when coming to a stop, the engine would die. But it would immediately re-start and run fine. Check engine light would illuminate, but then it would eventually go away. This happened 3 or 4 times.

Then my battery died. Since I've put the new battery in, it stopped. So my conclusion is that the circuit was somehow affected by my battery going through its throes of dying over a long period of time. These days one must have lots of electricity to support all of the electronics in their vehicles.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 1500 Ecodiesel
    This is a common code that gets thrown with the DPF 100 full

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4 times
    I had this last week, 2015 Eco with 95,000 miles, still in the shop but they called yesterday and the PCM is out. No warranty of course but in the FCA settlement the PCM will receive an updated warranty. I am going to contact FCA to try and get them to cover it anyway.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram Ecodiesel Laramie Crew.
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskytangofoxtrot View Post
    This is a common code that gets thrown with the DPF 100 full
    Well, is it throwing the code because the DPF is full or is it not running correctly and therefore the DPF is full. They put a new DPF on mine and it still threw that warning. So just to say that this code is thrown when the DPF is full is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by pribbenowguy View Post
    I had this last week, 2015 Eco with 95,000 miles, still in the shop but they called yesterday and the PCM is out. No warranty of course but in the FCA settlement the PCM will receive an updated warranty. I am going to contact FCA to try and get them to cover it anyway.
    I call BS on this. Sounds like the dealer efffed it up and are trying to cover their butts. First time on this forum that I have heard of a dealer telling the customer that his PCM/ECM is faulty.

Read this.... https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...459-codes.html

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks for the info, when i shut if off no restart. Waited half-hour for tow truck and tried again still no restart, not sure what to do about the dealer but will have conversation with them Monday. They sounded surprised it was out and tech asked for permission to make sure not something else. Came back and said the unit was bad, sucks because the engine has been flawless from day one. My only issue was a leak it took them two tries to fix just after i bought it and the parking sensors go off when you slow down in the rain. FCA refused to replace because they worked--really, and intermittent cruise failing to set, when it does a little bank on the control area and it works perfect. Other than that just routine maintenance and it spent 3 years running around on coal mine roads. GDE is going to happen quickly when i get it back, especially if they have done the new flash.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have had that code and message I think it can happen if you hit the brake with foot on gas like rocking out of being stuck in snow.. Mine went away no issues. Ill take a good old throttle cable over some electronic junk anyday

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I have a 2016 ed with 47000 miles and the electronic throttle control popped up yesterday. I couldn't drive past 40 mph. Luckily I was near a dealership and left it there. I will update everyone when they diagnose it.

Got me thinking with all these post if it's time to trade her in or am I over reacting?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links