Another EGR question - Page 2

Another EGR question

This is a discussion on Another EGR question within the RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanical forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; I would pursue to get the fix as quickly as possible. The egr will definitely be covered under that additional warranty. If it ruins the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Another EGR question

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I would pursue to get the fix as quickly as possible. The egr will definitely be covered under that additional warranty. If it ruins the catalysts, they'll have to replace those too. Hey, fresh emissions components for you = more trouble-free miles. If egr goes out again, which it's likely to, get the GDE tune.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '15 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4, tow a '19 Coachmen Catalina 293QBCK
    Liked
    13 times
    Thanks for the input so far everyone. Right now I've got a case open with Chrysler Corporate Customer Care (phone# 800-521-9922 for anyone that needs it). They called me yesterday and said they were going to reach out to the dealer for some more information and they were investigating the possibility of fixing everything under "good will" since I'm past the original 36,000 mile warranty. I'm still hoping that they just go ahead and fix it since it's part of the upcoming settlement. If they don't then I'll probably go with the option to repair it myself and then tune after I get the settlement cash and then eventually delete.

My truck is registered where I don't require any emissions testing so I've got that going for me.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    956 times
    There might be some useful information in this thread: https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...-warranty.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    There might be some useful information in this thread: https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...-warranty.html
    Very interesting...... Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that EGR valves and coolers are considered "major emissions components". Looks like DOC and DPF are covered under the Federal 8/80K warranty though. Thanks for the info!

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    13 times
    Another update. The Corporate Care Center called me back today. They offered to cover all but $500 of the repairs. So I think I'm going to go ahead and go for that. I asked about the settlement and they "couldn't comment" on the specifics, but said that the $500 may be reimbursible if the settlement ends up covering the EGR, EGR cooler, and components associated with a failure.

Progress in the right direction, I guess.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjack View Post
    Another update. The Corporate Care Center called me back today. They offered to cover all but $500 of the repairs. So I think I'm going to go ahead and go for that. I asked about the settlement and they "couldn't comment" on the specifics, but said that the $500 may be reimbursible if the settlement ends up covering the EGR, EGR cooler, and components associated with a failure.

Progress in the right direction, I guess.
    Glad to hear they're helping you. Fellow North Cackalackian here, my county also did away with emissions. I'll be deleting all that nonsense when my warranty is up. I see you're on the coast, we'll be in OBX later this year, we go every year and always have a blast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links