Post Emissions Update truck stalled won't restart - Page 2

Post Emissions Update truck stalled won't restart

This is a discussion on Post Emissions Update truck stalled won't restart within the RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanical forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; that dealer sounds more like a " car wash" than a garage ... , get outta there ......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Post Emissions Update truck stalled won't restart

  1. #11
    RAM Bronze Member Kazimodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    2,802
    Member #
    6985
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1327 times
    that dealer sounds more like a " car wash" than a garage ... , get outta there ...

  2. #12
    RAM Jr Member slydogd@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35
    Member #
    36032
    Vehicle
    Ram 2016 Big Horn crew cab
    Liked
    4 times
    So i just had my re flash done and truck is driving fine but my oil reset is indicating i need an oil change now. did they change the specs on the oil life again. I have 4500 miles since last oil change and it used to be 9000 then 7000. So I'm a cheapskate and dont really want to shell out the 120 to change it before my road trip of around 1200 miles. Has anyone heard anything? I would like to push it and change when i get back but dont need anything that could void warranty. being i already killed 2.

  3. #13
    Administrator 97hmcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Location: Location, Location
    Posts
    7,867
    Member #
    1428
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4564 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So i just had my re flash done and truck is driving fine but my oil reset is indicating i need an oil change now. did they change the specs on the oil life again. I have 4500 miles since last oil change and it used to be 9000 then 7000. So I'm a cheapskate and dont really want to shell out the 120 to change it before my road trip of around 1200 miles. Has anyone heard anything? I would like to push it and change when i get back but dont need anything that could void warranty. being i already killed 2.
    They forgot to reset the oil life, Just reset it and make a mental note to change it at 7000 miles if that's where it was before the update

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    RAM Jr Member slydogd@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35
    Member #
    36032
    Vehicle
    Ram 2016 Big Horn crew cab
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    They forgot to reset the oil life, Just reset it and make a mental note to change it at 7000 miles if that's where it was before the update
    I didn't have the oil changed when i took it in. i just had the recalls and the def system fixed. but the oil indicated i had about 40% left before i took it in and now says 0%. I talked to the dealer and he doesnt know anything about it. they also took their sticker off my window.

  6. #15
    RAM Regular Ransom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Surprise, AZ
    Posts
    394
    Member #
    6917
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC Bighorn EcoDiesel 2WD
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So i just had my re flash done and truck is driving fine but my oil reset is indicating i need an oil change now. did they change the specs on the oil life again. I have 4500 miles since last oil change and it used to be 9000 then 7000. So I'm a cheapskate and dont really want to shell out the 120 to change it before my road trip of around 1200 miles. Has anyone heard anything? I would like to push it and change when i get back but dont need anything that could void warranty. being i already killed 2.
    They didn't apply flash correctly - part of it is resetting oil life indicator to where it was before AEM flash done. You are fine, just note mileage when reset to 0 and when you get to 7000 miles from last actual oil change, than change it.
    2015 Bighorn CC 2WD short bed Granite Crystal
    AMP power steps, Extang Encore bed cover, Timbergrove airbags, Hellwig rear sway bar

  7. #16
    RAM Jr Member slydogd@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35
    Member #
    36032
    Vehicle
    Ram 2016 Big Horn crew cab
    Liked
    4 times
    this truck makes me nervous. i guess ill just change it in case i blow another motor. then they cant say anything. im starting to get up there with miles. haven't had a motor last more than 35000. I have become a humbled truck owner. i never brag about this ram im just happy when i get there

  8. #17
    RAM Jr Member slydogd@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35
    Member #
    36032
    Vehicle
    Ram 2016 Big Horn crew cab
    Liked
    4 times
    oh thank god.Thanks Ransom This is the best place for information. FCA is full of some real special people. i just spend an hour on the phone with them. asking if anything has changed to the specs and they are so useless. i have lost another hour of my life to them. called dealer and they are clueless and dont know anything either. FCA lady then said read my owners manual. oh boy why didnt i think of that. Except mine still say the low ash euro oil at 10,000 mile interval so how good is that.

  9. #18
    RAM Diamond Member Captainmal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sundance (Wimauma), Florida
    Posts
    12,033
    Member #
    185
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6648 times
    Funny. That lady outdid all those experienced mechanical service people.

    FCA never notified owners of their oil specification change. You can use the old or the new. I suggest T^ Rotella but do what you want. Many of us used the original specs for tens of thousands of miles or more with no issues.

    Always keep a log of your service. Write it on pages in the back of your book. Date, what you did (or had done) and mileage. Then simply calculate when the next service might be needed. Simple. Owners been doing that since they first made vehicles over 100 years ago. Doesn't matter if or when you re-set the oil life indicator. That's just a bit of computer hookum.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

  10. #19
    RAM Silver Member howie12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,266
    Member #
    1600
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2371 times
    To answer the OP's original question, yes I believe the diagnosis of the problem should be part of the emissions extended warranty. Once they find the problem it may or may not be part of the warranty. However, if they change things to try and fix it and it doesn't fix it those costs should be considered diagnosis imho. Look at the warranty pages they should have given you when you had the scan done. On the backside of the first sheet

  11. #20
    RAM Jr Member slydogd@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35
    Member #
    36032
    Vehicle
    Ram 2016 Big Horn crew cab
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainmal View Post
    Funny. That lady outdid all those experienced mechanical service people.

    FCA never notified owners of their oil specification change. You can use the old or the new. I suggest T^ Rotella but do what you want. Many of us used the original specs for tens of thousands of miles or more with no issues.

    Always keep a log of your service. Write it on pages in the back of your book. Date, what you did (or had done) and mileage. Then simply calculate when the next service might be needed. Simple. Owners been doing that since they first made vehicles over 100 years ago. Doesn't matter if or when you re-set the oil life indicator. That's just a bit of computer hookum.


    Yea i keep records of my oil changes Receipts and everything I just didnt want another failure to happen and then for FCA to say well there is new oil specs and not cover it. I Want to keep the truck for a few more years. But with 2 engine failures and 1 def system failure. I need to make sure Im in the clear for when the next problem arises. I picked this truck and im committed to it till the end of the warranty. I hate headaches but i love money heres to hoping 3 years of just regular maintenance ahead. on the good side after the second motor FCA will extend the powertrain warranty. the swethearts

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •