Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners

This is a discussion on Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners within the RAM 1500 Diesel News forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel category; Fuel injector cleaners can help increase your car's performance and fuel economy. We pick the best ones you can buy. If you notice that your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Fuel injector cleaners can help increase your car's performance and fuel economy. We pick the best ones you can buy.

If you notice that your car might not accelerate as quickly as it once did, that the engine is running a bit rougher than you remember, or that your fuel economy has dipped but everything else is otherwise working fine in your car, it might be time to treat your engine to a fuel injector cleaning. Your engine has a lot of moving parts and if there’s gunk and grime buildup inside, it has to work even harder to get the job done. A clean engine is a more efficient engine, so a fuel injector cleaning is an important part of maintaining your car. Do you agree with this list?
    Read more about the Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners at AutoGuide.com.
    John Jensen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    Hi: All... Only a select few are useable in Diesel engines!!!
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2203 times
    From what I can see the OP is just a marketing gimic. When you read the descriptions there is no useful information or testing. Just a reiteration of what the manufacturer says and sales statistics.

I have no idea why this is posted on this site. I cannot see that it offers anything of value.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by howie12 View Post
    From what I can see the OP is just a marketing gimic. When you read the descriptions there is no useful information or testing. Just a reiteration of what the manufacturer says and sales statistics.

I have no idea why this is posted on this site. I cannot see that it offers anything of value.
    Hi: howie12... I always used Sea Foam in my Nissan Fronty. Usually when the SES light came on. A good highway trip and lights out!!! In Ontario if the SES light was on it wouldn't pass inspection for a sale.
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    281 times
    I found the post interesting, useful and of value.
    It offers a basic "How to Use Fuel Injector Cleaners" which would be valuable
    to new users of the product.
    It offers valid price comparisons which is always helpful.
    It offers what customers are buying which tells you which product is more popular and perhaps better."
    "sales statistics" are very telling and always a big part of product analysis.

And, regardless what the naysayers say or call "gimics", these products have been proven time over time to work, albeit at various levels.

Last edited by John Jensen; 09-30-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler
    ARCHOIL 9100 & 6200 and PRI-D & PRI-G Dealer

Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    Hi: All... I've used Sea Foam with great success!!!
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ED Laramie, 355 Diff ,ARE Cap, pull me over first Red
    Liked
    497 times
    I've used Seafoam and Lucas for years.
    I figure of they only do even 1/2 of what they say they'll do its worth it to keep things clean.
    Do not rule out working with your hands, but it does not preclude using your head.

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    222 times

I agree.

I have been in automotive parts and power equipment repairs all my working life. I've spent the last 30 years working for myself doing power equipment repairs. Everything I have ever seen tells me that there is rarely any benefit to using additives. I've sold Seafoam by the case ... and watched with amusement as the guy who swears by seafoam fishes right alongside the guy who makes sure his fuel is clean before it goes into the tank and doesn't leave it there to rot during the off season, and who uses .... nothing else.
    howie12 likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram1 View Post
    I've used Seafoam and Lucas for years.
    I figure of they only do even 1/2 of what they say they'll do its worth it to keep things clean.
    I would caution against Lucas in diesel fuel...gasoline I have used. Was long time Opti-Lube user 'Summer+' formulation in my 7.3. Switched over from Power Service around 2010? due to the ULSD and original injectors from 2002. 7.3 injectors finally went bad in 2015.

Also used Summer+ in ED beginning around 20k early in 2017. Last summer my dad was talking about a new product/EDT from Hot Shot. Switched over to that then.

Beginning around 125k I finally went with Hot Shot Diesel Extreme for BOTH trucks (7.3 & ED). EDT and Diesel Extreme have the same lubricity HOWEVER the DE has an added detergent. In my ED I add 2oz. DE two fill ups in a row...the 3rd tank ZERO and repeat cycle. I ALWAYS run my tanks to 80 miles until empty range...rarely will fill when still at 1/4 tank of fuel.

I have read others here suggest what I am doing is BAD for the fuel pump and high pressure injectors at 163k on the ED and 274k on my beloved X over 17 years, I am very comfortable with how my snake oil has performed.

I also believe with 99.2% certainty...if I never used any of the snake oil the results would be similar...I choose to use these products because there is a noticeable difference in MPG for the ED that I have tracked on Fuelly.

Also use Sticktion and now FR3 in my 7.3. After switching her to Delo 5w40 and the FR3 she is down to losing 1/2 quart oil per 8,000 miles from 1qt at 5,000 miles with only 5w40 t6.
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 277k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 183k / 4.300 hrs and counting

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shawclan5 View Post
    I would caution against Lucas in diesel fuel...gasoline I have used. Was long time Opti-Lube user 'Summer+' formulation in my 7.3. Switched over from Power Service around 2010? due to the ULSD and original injectors from 2002. 7.3 injectors finally went bad in 2015.

Also used Summer+ in ED beginning around 20k early in 2017. Last summer my dad was talking about a new product/EDT from Hot Shot. Switched over to that then.

Beginning around 125k I finally went with Hot Shot Diesel Extreme for BOTH trucks (7.3 & ED). EDT and Diesel Extreme have the same lubricity HOWEVER the DE has an added detergent. In my ED I add 2oz. DE two fill ups in a row...the 3rd tank ZERO and repeat cycle. I ALWAYS run my tanks to 80 miles until empty range...rarely will fill when still at 1/4 tank of fuel.

I have read others here suggest what I am doing is BAD for the fuel pump and high pressure injectors at 163k on the ED and 274k on my beloved X over 17 years, I am very comfortable with how my snake oil has performed.

I also believe with 99.2% certainty...if I never used any of the snake oil the results would be similar...I choose to use these products because there is a noticeable difference in MPG for the ED that I have tracked on Fuelly.

Also use Sticktion and now FR3 in my 7.3. After switching her to Delo 5w40 and the FR3 she is down to losing 1/2 quart oil per 8,000 miles from 1qt at 5,000 miles with only 5w40 t6.
    I would suggest you really do not know how your snake oil has performed. You know how your vehicles have performed with the myriad of snake oils you have used but, based upon the info in your post, you have no idea how the snake oils have contributed, positively or negatively, to the performance you experienced.

But then many of us have some kind of "Linus' blanket" in our life and I expect fuel and oil additives are unlikely to harm anything other than your pocket book.

All the best,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links