Possible purchase buyback

This is a discussion on Possible purchase buyback within the RAM 1500 Diesel Purchasing forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Looking at a 2017 ED Laramie. Has every option but sunroof and air suspension 11k miles and dealer is asking 36k out the door. Seemed ...

Member #

Looking at a 2017 ED Laramie. Has every option but sunroof and air suspension 11k miles and dealer is asking 36k out the door. Seemed like a good deal then they mentioned a buyback disclosure. I asked for copy and all they provided on it was under a lemon law and for check engine light they could not repeat.

Got a star report pulled all it shows is egt sensor at 2,265 4,930 5,265 and 10,975. Transmission module and engine drive ability at 5,723. Still contemplating the purchase given still has warranty for 44 months to cover major components. What else could be causing the constant issues for the egt sensor wondering if wasn’t an electrical issue they cannot find it is it some larger issue potentially.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 4x4 Laramie longbox crewcab
    Liked
    672 times
    I'd never buy a lemon law buyback, but it's your time and money not mine.
    2014 4x4 Laramie Crewcab, Longbox, 3.55, every option except RamBoxes and parking sensors.
    1A Auto power folding tow mirrors, Mopar wheel to wheel bars, Access Lorado tonneau cover
    Weathertech floormats & mudflaps, TrailFX hood protector, Edge Insight CTS, GDE Hot Tune

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cfast99 View Post
    Looking at a 2017 ED Laramie. Has every option but sunroof and air suspension 11k miles and dealer is asking 36k out the door. Seemed like a good deal then they mentioned a buyback disclosure. I asked for copy and all they provided on it was under a lemon law and for check engine light they could not repeat.

Got a star report pulled all it shows is egt sensor at 2,265 4,930 5,265 and 10,975. Transmission module and engine drive ability at 5,723. Still contemplating the purchase given still has warranty for 44 months to cover major components. What else could be causing the constant issues for the egt sensor wondering if wasn’t an electrical issue they cannot find it is it some larger issue potentially.
    It comes down to price.. that's waaaaaaaay to high for a lemon.

How good are you fixing cars?

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6242 times
    Welcome - First post!

Struggled to figure out what those numbers mean. Then it occurred to me they are mileage figures when the CEL codes came up. Wish you had made that clear.

Seems all may be related to sensor issues. Emission sensors and those that are used to operate these computer vehicles of today are a royal PIA. Sometimes it's a simple loose connection, bad battery or it could be a major component failure. Some dealers are unable to deal with the computer complexity and end up giving up. Hence my guess is with repeated failures, lemoned out.

If you knew the codes you could maybe figure out what the issues might be. Often a simple engine control modification removes the troubles sensors from the operation and ends the issue. You would just have to figure out what they were. Without a code history somewhere in the ECM, it would be a rough evaluation.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1300 times
    Like someone above said they were practically giving ecodiesels away for a while with the incentives they were offering, I wouldn't pay that for it.

If its still covered under warranty and I could add a good extended warranty I might consider it. Eventually they will fix it.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    25 times
    I had an EGT sensor issue when I first reassembled my truck after dropping the tranny. There is an EGT sensor on the exhaust manifold that was particularly hard to click together. I thought it was connected, but the ECU said otherwise. Threw a code, gave me the "Service Electronic Throttle Control", but seemed to run. I didn't drive it like that and ended up finally finding the right sensor, but idk. Read the warranty fine-print. If they're required to fix whatever issue arises, maybe it's okay to buy it. I've always wanted a Laramie, but only w/ sunroof and air ride

Sponsored Links