Air suspension & Mileage questions

This is a discussion on Air suspension & Mileage questions within the RAM 1500 Diesel Suspension - Chassis forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; When I bought this truck, the air suspension would drop with the engine OFF. Now it doesn't work from the remote at all, and only ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brokedownbutgood

Thread: Air suspension & Mileage questions

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2 times

When I bought this truck, the air suspension would drop with the engine OFF.
    Now it doesn't work from the remote at all, and only works from the dashboard if the engine is running. Ram customer service claims it's not supposed to work with the engine off (no comment on failure to work from the remote even if it's running).
    So those of you with the air suspension, does yours work if the engine is off?
    Also those of you who have had the emissions modification done - did it hurt your fuel economy? Ram claims it won't but I've heard otherwise.
    I've got an appt to get the emissions mod on Tuesday and would like to know beforehand about experience by others.
    2016 Limited Crewcab, Silver, 4WD, 3:92 limited slip, air suspension

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1547 times
    The air suspension on my '16 works with the remote and often adjusts itself when the truck is turned off. I believe it only works from the dash with the truck running or key in run position.

Sounds like your dealer is giving the typical brush-off to avoid responsibility.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2 times
    It's RAM's customer care dept that's telling me this. The guy even read a quote he said was from the manual but I can't find any such info in mine - in fact, mine doesn't even refer to remote operation or say the engine does or doesn't need to be running.
    2016 Limited Crewcab, Silver, 4WD, 3:92 limited slip, air suspension

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Longhorn ED
    Liked
    76 times
    It should drop with the entry/exit button on the key fob. My dash controls work with the ignition on, but i often see 'battery low' and the air suspension stops working until I turn the truck on.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Longhorn CC4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    2335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    It should drop with the entry/exit button on the key fob. My dash controls work with the ignition on, but i often see 'battery low' and the air suspension stops working until I turn the truck on.
    Time for a new battery or else give the one you have a good charge to fill it back up.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    545 times
    The air suspension well only work if the battery voltage is high enough. Sounds like your battery is getting weak it is 3 years old.
    TwoBobs likes this.

Sponsored Links