I guess it's gotta happen eventually...... - Page 2

I guess it's gotta happen eventually......

This is a discussion on I guess it's gotta happen eventually...... within the RAM 1500 Diesel Towing & Hauling forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Sorry to hear about the bearing.... reminds me might be time to check ours, it’s a ‘98 model. The tradesman and I would assume other ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: I guess it's gotta happen eventually......

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1372 times
    Sorry to hear about the bearing.... reminds me might be time to check ours, it’s a ‘98 model. The tradesman and I would assume other models do have a compas though.
    sourdo likes this.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1507 times
    Welcome to the area, I'm up near St. Louis. Lots of RV dealers up here.

I use www.rvtrader.com to help pick models and shop around.
    sourdo likes this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram 3500 Megacab. True Blue, SRW, AS69RC
    Liked
    63 times
    Sucks you had a failure but glad you got it figured! My wife is around the 10 minute mark now changing blown tires on the 5 horse gooseneck now. Not fun but having basic tools and knowledge to fix an issue roadside is absolutely golden!
    sourdo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Tradesman QC 4x4 3.0 Ecodiesel 3.55 Axle
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carlhenry View Post
    cell phone has a compass
    cell phones and towing are a bad, bad, bad combination. I let the wife do the looking or pull over.

What works much better, if you have the memory, is the HEREnow from Nokia. You download the maps on your phone. I have an older Nokia 1020 and it's 32 MP camera. I use it in Canada where google is worthless, spotty cell phone connection.
    Cheers
    sourdo

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 Eco
    Liked
    73 times
    Nevermind the compass, even the GPS navigation can be rough sometimes.

On a trip home from Lake Mead, towing our boat, we got a bit lost going through Vegas. GPS was telling us to exit the highway and road construction wouldn't let us. GPS wanted us to turn around so we took the next exit, which didn't have an on ramp going the other way. We had to take a few back streets. This was around 10-11pm. One street we turned on to was full of homeless type people lining the street. There were a few cars stopped in front of us with people at the windows talking (drugs I'm sure). As they pulled forward we slowly followed those cars. All of the people standing in the street were just there waiting for us to stop and roll a window down. We made sure the doors were locked. My wife and kids were very nervous. As we got through the mess the GPS voice prompt tells us to take the next right. We took the next right. Turns out there was two right turns very close to each other and we should have taken the second one, not the first. That forced us to go around the block and, yep, go down that same street again! That time we took the second right and that got us back on the freeway. It was a bit scary the first time and completely nuts the second time. I can only imagine what all those people were thinking when we drove through again.
    sourdo likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn EcoDiesel
    Liked
    1004 times
    Maaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn, you just missed all the big RV shows. Maybe you can plan your trip accordingly next year? That is, if your current trailer can hang on that long.
    sourdo likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Tradesman QC 4x4 3.0 Ecodiesel 3.55 Axle
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    Nevermind the compass, even the GPS navigation can be rough sometimes.

On a trip home from Lake Mead, towing our boat, we got a bit lost going through Vegas. GPS was telling us to exit the highway and road construction wouldn't let us. GPS wanted us to turn around so we took the next exit, which didn't have an on ramp going the other way. We had to take a few back streets. This was around 10-11pm. One street we turned on to was full of homeless type people lining the street. There were a few cars stopped in front of us with people at the windows talking (drugs I'm sure). As they pulled forward we slowly followed those cars. All of the people standing in the street were just there waiting for us to stop and roll a window down. We made sure the doors were locked. My wife and kids were very nervous. As we got through the mess the GPS voice prompt tells us to take the next right. We took the next right. Turns out there was two right turns very close to each other and we should have taken the second one, not the first. That forced us to go around the block and, yep, go down that same street again! That time we took the second right and that got us back on the freeway. It was a bit scary the first time and completely nuts the second time. I can only imagine what all those people were thinking when we drove through again.
    We have had frequent "turn right when it's left, and vice versa. Or like you, going down some backwoods country road, and end up turning around. And if the cell signal is spotty, your SOL!

Reminds me of a trip I took to Costa Rica. I rented a car for 3 days. Costa Rica is about the size of West Virginia. On my second day, driving on a nice road, when I was thrust into downtown San Jose, the capital. Freeway one minute, the next I'm battling cars and carts pulled by donkeys. And mia espanol is muy mal, mal, mal.

The only way I could get through it all, was the setting sun, in the west. That was my compass as there wasn't a sign telling nothing of where to go. I made it out near the airport, but it was nerve racking.
    Cheers
    sourdo

Member #
    Vehicle
    ecodiesel laramie
    Liked
    64 times
    Wish I'd inherited my dad's sense of direction... even after alzhiemers and a stroke, he could just look out a window and tell you what direction was North. He couldn't understand how anyone could not recognize compass directions from just looking. I can't find my way out of the woods without a gps.
    BrianF likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram 3500 Megacab. True Blue, SRW, AS69RC
    Liked
    63 times
    I am blessed with a decent sense of direction. I found that out during many, many, many night training exercises in the military. I think it is a redeeming quality... although my wife begs to differ.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6385 times
    You are having an adventure. Better here than in a cold, wet environment up north. Here you can appreciate a cold beer. Up north better a hot toddy.

My Garmin dash machine navigates, pictures and acts like a phone. One click to a screen and the compass direction shows. Another click and you get lat/long coordinates. Cheap and updated free, truly a "best buy".
    sourdo and BrianF like this.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links