Front grill insert replacements

This is a discussion on Front grill insert replacements within the RAM 1500 Diesel Towing & Hauling forums, part of the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Forum category; Hi all, In my effort to reduce temps while towing, Ive found several posts on here where folks have recommended replacing the stock grill inserts ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Whiteram2016

Thread: Front grill insert replacements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '17 Ram 1500 3.0 Diesel
    Liked
    23 times

Hi all,

In my effort to reduce temps while towing, Ive found several posts on here where folks have recommended replacing the stock grill inserts with less restrictive models. I have a 2017 Big Horn edition, can someone point me in the right direction as to which model and year would be a compatible replacement?

Thanks to everyone, much appreciated.

~Tim

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    look for mesh once (not big horn, not laramie), or just get the whole new grill on amazone or ebay.
    TIMSDCA likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '88 BMW 535is, Ram 1500 Laramie
    Liked
    336 times
    I have a 2014 Laramie and swapped to Tradesman grills. I would expect that 14-17 grills will fit your truck. The Tradesman grill flows a lot more air then my Laramie grill did. My towing temps dropped 2-3deg, which doesn't seem like a helova lot, but was just enough that since then it's definately more rare that I slow down during summer tows due to temp. So for me it was full of win.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke
    www.Gress.org

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1616 times
    I think the Tradesman grille insert is the black mesh if you want better cooling without the chrome.

I switched my Laramie grille inserts out for some from a Laramie Longhorn. Kept the chrome and increased airflow by going with the mesh.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Sponsored Links