ZF 8HP plastic transmission pan differences - Page 4

ZF 8HP plastic transmission pan differences

This is a discussion on ZF 8HP plastic transmission pan differences within the RAM 1500 Diesel Transmission forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Originally Posted by Ngmernicki I ordered a PPE pan, and when it came in it looked like somebody had nudged it during the machining process, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: ZF 8HP plastic transmission pan differences

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    610 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngmernicki View Post
    I ordered a PPE pan, and when it came in it looked like somebody had nudged it during the machining process, which meant the holes for the filter bolts didn't line up with the filter. I got them to send me a new filter and they said to drill out the holes in the filter until it fit, and after I had done that, I wasn't comfortable installing it at all.
    The filter is indexed by the pickup tube most filters are not even attached to the pan. It well work just as good as factory I would be more worried about the filter media being sufficient. Which others on here dont seem to care about even though the filter medias clearly have different part numbers on them on the less expensive pans. The PPE pan and filter work very well and have a proven track record.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Acerock View Post
    I have not posted photographs on a forum in the longest time so bear with me and the mistakes that I will most likely make. Anyways I recieved both my transmission pans and much to my surprise, they are absolutely identical! I was honestly expecting the ecodiesel 8HP70D pan to be deeper and have a higher capacity but that simply isn't the case. I will try to post the pictures that I took to compare them. Bottom line is, save your money and buy the Mopar part #68233701AA for a 3.6L V6 model. It's a U.S.A. made Filtran and is priced at less than $100 shipped all over the internet and possibly even at a dealership near you.
    John

Attachment 75064Attachment 75068Attachment 75070
    Amazon says this does not fit my 15 ED?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1717 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgoodman4 View Post
    Amazon says this does not fit my 15 ED?
    Amazon simply uses info provided by the manufacturer, it's not like anyone at Amazon actually knows what transmissions that filter will fit. You're gonna have to roll the dice if saving some green interests you. Seems like someone has already done the homework for you.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    '16 BigHorn CC 4x4
    Liked
    75 times
    I can confirm that the two OEM Plastic pans being discussed are identical. Identical. Same filter media, same shape, same molding marks, same size, same fitment, same filtering ability, same bolt holes, same everything. 68233701AA (less expensive) 68225344AA (more expensive for the identical piece made in a different country). The only difference is where they are made and the price. You are not taking a chance. They are identical. I am a Marine Systems Engineer in the Canadian Navy with 35 years of experience working with Diesels. I have looked at both filter medias under a microscope. Identical fibers. Identical space between fibers. Identical thickness. Any talk of them not being identical is fear mongering and profiteering. Not rolling the dice at all, they are identical.
    redsunBC, TexasRam, terb and 3 others like this.
    '16 Bighorn CC, Tow Package, Remote start, heated seats and steering wheel, park sense and rear camera, 8.4 touchscreen, Alpine with 5 JBL speakers installed, CD player, Rear defrost, Line x, Husky x-act floor mats, Husky mud flaps, Celtic Economy Tune with EGR disable, DeeZee tailgate assist.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
    Amazon simply uses info provided by the manufacturer, it's not like anyone at Amazon actually knows what transmissions that filter will fit. You're gonna have to roll the dice if saving some green interests you. Seems like someone has already done the homework for you.
    Welp too late local shop didn’t know it took whole pan and it was stuck on the lift so had to buy one from the dealer for $280 just to get my truck back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links