Transmission Issues - Page 5

Transmission Issues

This is a discussion on Transmission Issues within the RAM 1500 Diesel Transmission forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Talked to the trans shop right before EOD. Stated that truck still wasn’t finished, and giving a neutral safety switch code. Said I could likely ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Transmission Issues

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Talked to the trans shop right before EOD. Stated that truck still wasn’t finished, and giving a neutral safety switch code. Said I could likely get the truck back tomorrow, but it would probably still need to be programmed. When I said something about his promise to cal this morning, his response was that he’d been without a secretary all day...
    2014 Big Horn 4x4 CC EcoD.
    Deleted, Tuned, Tinted, and Leveled
    PPEI, S&B, Bilstein, Frontier Gear and Ranch Hand

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Picked the truck back up a week ago yesterday, and it would go into park intermittently, banging shifts and slipping. Took it to have it programmed, and no dice. They flashed the ECM and TCM, and I lost my PPEI tune. Thankfully, I have my SFT tunes on standby.

Called trans shop, and his statement was “well... gonna have to get it back here, so I can pull it back apart. I don’t even know where the neutral safety switch is...” Screw that. Left it with dealer to get diag’d.

Dealer stated used trans had internal damage. Got a refund for the new/used trans, and have a new one on the way from MOPAR. Warranty, and ability to have it checked out anywhere there is a ram dealer. Said it would take 4-5 days to get new trans, and they would call me when it was ready.

Jimmy at SFT was truly helpful. Got all my tunes turned around in record time so I could have tuned the truck before bringing home. Will flash with their tunes after I pick the truck up.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Got a call from the dealership today. The transmission is there, and the heater should be there tomorrow morning. Hoping for end of the day tomorrow, or first of Friday morning with the truck to be finished. Excited to have my truck back is an understatement, LOL.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links