GDE Tune Update

GDE Tune Update

This is a discussion on GDE Tune Update within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Just ordered the GDE tune update. Have been running hot tune with engine braking, ordered the update with the high idle and the oil pressure ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: GDE Tune Update

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Big Horn 3D
    Liked
    103 times

GDE Tune Update

Just ordered the GDE tune update. Have been running hot tune with engine braking, ordered the update with the high idle and the oil pressure sensor.

My question is...has anyone else previously running the tune updated and installed? If so...do you have to go through the same steps as the first time you installed? I have a CTS2 and I just did a regen, so I'm at 8%. I opted to mail mine in because I don't need to drive it between now and when I get the ECM back so...I'm wondering if I'll still have to do a regen, and if so, will it still do it even though I'm at 8%?

Next question, anyone installed the oil pressure sensor? If you look at page 2 of the downloadable PDF instructions, a picture for reference has 4 items circled. The existing sensor and another sensor next to it. It explains in the instructions to remove items one and two (the existing sensor). But makes no mention of circled items 3 and 4. That sensor is also removed on page 3. Am I missing something or just misunderstanding or what? Thanks

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2593 times
    When you ship in your ecm for tuning, there is no setup for the oil life or DEF as those settings are no touched. Only if you have us setup a clone ecm do those items need to be reset.
    97hmcs and malibubts like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Big Horn 3D
    Liked
    103 times
    Thanks Keith. Appreciate the quick response.

If nobody has made a video of installing the oil pressure sensor yet, or if anyone wants me to document it on video, let me know.
    97hmcs and hatchi12 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4 Laramie
    Liked
    146 times
    Document it please. Many of us would like to know and see the process regardless. May also help us make the purchase if it's an easy install. Enjoy the tune!

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Big Horn 3D
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vindiesel View Post
    Document it please. Many of us would like to know and see the process regardless. May also help us make the purchase if it's an easy install. Enjoy the tune!
    Roger dodger will do. I don't have much experience in video documenting but I'll try to either edit out the long periods of no activity, or...at least, not "pull a Sean" and keep the monologue to a minimum so you don't get a 2 hour video about a 10 minute procedure. Lol (Sean if you read this I'm just busting your balls you've put out a lot of good information.)

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    The Oil Sensor is pretty easy to do....I suggest pulling the driver side front tire it would be little easier with the inner Fender out of the way, but not necessary. That was the easiest way I found to do it....

Also, the new sensor plugs into a harness on top of the engine front drivers side. the harness will reach just fine.

The instructions are OK, but not great if you've never done one.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Big Horn 3D
    Liked
    103 times
    To anyone reading this who knew Shawn, or had at least watched some videos he'd posted, and isn't aware, as I was not, when I make a joke, with good taste intended, about how long Shawns videos were....I've been informed Shawn has passed away and is no longer with us. I apologize if anyone read that and assumed I knew because of the threads that have been posted regarding his passing. I was not aware. Thoughts and prayers are with his family, may he Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by Granite Ram; 03-25-2017 at 02:13 AM.
    Ben28881, BrianS and IronMan like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Big Horn 3D
    Liked
    103 times
    Also thank you to all those that reached out to politely inform me of his passing.

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Very sorry to hear Shawn has passed. I watched all of his videos before I ever purchased my 2016 EcoD. His videos assured me about how easy to do normal maintenance on these trucks was.
    How did you find out there are updates to the GDE tune? How much is it. I have my original ECM, so I can always reinstall that while GDE updates. I guess with that installed I could go to the Ram dealer and have them upgrade the factory ECM to what ever their specs are. Any thoughts on that? Or should I just keep the OEAM ECM cherry?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman
    Liked
    891 times
    I wouldn't make a special trip to the dealer to update but if you take the truck in for any other reason I would install the factory ECU since you have it as the first thing they want to do is update it.
    2015 3D 4x4 QC Outdoorsman 3.55, 20" rims, Trailer Brake Control, Comfort Group, Luxury Group, Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, 8.4A Premium Sound (Upgrade JBL Speakers), Backup Camera, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Bedrug Bed Mat, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Dura Flap Splash Guards, EGR Ventvisors, Ionic Gladiator Running Boards, Tinted windows.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links