GDE hot tune vs GDE Eco tune

This is a discussion on GDE hot tune vs GDE Eco tune within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Hello everyone. First post for me. First, I would like to thank all who are participating in this forum, you all are the reason I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nelo

Thread: GDE hot tune vs GDE Eco tune

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Ecodiesel 4x2
    Liked
    1 times

Hello everyone. First post for me. First, I would like to thank all who are participating in this forum, you all are the reason I bought a Ram Ecodiesel, so thank you so much for all the time you put into this great forum. I was reading post on this forum for at least a couple of years, beginning just before Ram stoped shipping Ecodiesels. So I waited, and finely they started shipping, I was waiting on the 2019 but who knows what will happen. So in September i start looking to see whatís out there and I found what I wanted at what I think was a good buy. 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel quad cab 4x2 with 3:92. I joined the forum after that!

Now, for my first ad on I want a GDE tune. I just want best fuel economy and a clean engine. I only have 1000 miles on it now and I think it moves surprisingly good for a diesel when I put my foot in it and the turbo lag seems to be not bad. I may do some towing in the future, but for now the truck is just a nice way to do road trips and haul stuff now and then.

I thought I have read everything about the GDE tune, but now Iím not sure if I really know whatís-what and which way to go on my stock truck. Is there more then one GDE tune available for the Ecodiesel, Hot Tune and Eco Tune? And which one should I get?
    Thanks for the help.
    Nelo

P.S. I would ad a picture but Iím not finding a quick way to do that. Anyway, it looks like a stock white quad cab Laramie, with shinny plastic wheel covers! I should change those next with the better higher end stock wheels.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times

No Eco tune that I know of???

Hot tune is the normal tune people get - the Offroad tune requires some sensors to be removed/etc (and no further improvement over Hot tune in efficiency - just lets you get ride of some extra emission stuff)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4576 times
    Welcome 1st post and congrats. GDE offers the hot tune and the off-road tune. The hot tune is basically an eco tune and the off road tune is used when doing a full delete of emissions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 EcoD Outdoorsman CC 6.5' 4X4 3.92
    Liked
    2377 times
    Congrats on the new truck!
    GDE offers the Hot Tune for the EcoDiesel. That's what most get. If you want to do a full emissions delete then you get the Off-Road option.
    If you tow you'll want to consider getting the engine braking option, if you live in a colder climate, consider the high idle option. The regen notification is optional, primarily a personal preference.
    Last edited by Crash68; 11-10-2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: amazing the amount of delay posting when using TapaTalk

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Ecodiesel 4x2
    Liked
    1 times
    You guys respond fast, thanks to you all for the sanity check and extra great input, I absolutely love this truck!
    And to all you veterans out there, thank you for your service, have a great Veterans Day and God bless the USA.
    Sasquatchilly likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    15 Ram Big Horn | 06 Liberty CRD Sport
    Liked
    1055 times
    Eco Tune was one of the tunes offered on the Jeep Liberty. Only the Hot Tune is available on the Eco Diesel.
    2015 Ram 1500 ED Big Horn (Purchased 8/15) CC 6.5' Bed, GDE Tuned Since Week 1, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit Tonneau, 1A Auto Tow Mirrors, Debadged, SLT Grill Inserts, XD 797 Spy 18x8.5 Wheel with Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 LT275/65R18 Tires, 20" Stock Wheels Plastidipped with 275/60R20 Blizzaks DM-V2
    2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, GDE Engine and Transmission Tuned
    Back to work, New Travel Trailer Coming!

Sponsored Links