Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes - Page 15

Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes

This is a discussion on Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Originally Posted by SofaKingTuned Attachment 79894 Let it be known, Keith from GDE admitted after comparing tunes they are NOT stolen GDE logic. Case closed ...

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 161
Like Tree162Likes

Thread: Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes

  1. #141
    Administrator 97hmcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Location: Location, Location
    Posts
    7,359
    Member #
    1428
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaKingTuned View Post
    Attachment 79894

    Let it be known, Keith from GDE admitted after comparing tunes they are NOT stolen GDE logic. Case closed
    What am I missing? I never said it was stolen. The OP has the GDE engine tune and Sofa trans. tune.

    BTW what's the regen frequency with your engine tune?
    Bounty Hunter likes this.

  2. #142
    RAM Sr Member navyr113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    147
    Member #
    10657
    Liked
    44 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaKingTuned View Post
    First, you sir are lying. Did you read past the USCG? Been AD 14 years now pal. Go back to the coloring books and do some research.

    The facts are:
    1. I did say I worked to DEVELOP tunes for the ECU with the Bulgarians. I did NOT simply relabel them
    2. I am NOT using Alien tech for ECU tuning
    3. HpTuners back in Dec for TCM tunes, JUST got into the Alien tech stuff for TCM (PG3+) where GDE used the PG3 old square version. Not sure how you messed that up so poorly.

    For all your claims, none have ANY evidence to support such. The fact you "talked to me" only to come on here and lie. So much for your credibility lol. Sucks because you seem to troll here quite a bit. Just wish you could tell the truth.

    More facts, SFT is recovering vehicles disabled by other companies lack of OBD2 protocol knowledge.

    We have answered EVERY client question. You want SFT logic and calibrations, pay for it. You want us to show everything, why not ask from the other companies? I'll wait.

    REALLY can't believe you stooped so low to claim my Military experience. Have you seen war? Look, in the Navy you got to hot rack with some guys and play Seaman, that's cute. But do not speak as if another member's service was less relevant than yours. You sign that blank check, IT MATTERS. I have to assume with your level of aggression, you probably did travel and claim "My days in Nam" type crap to "impress" people or something?

    I really hope you suck up the Ego for a moment, think about what I ask and prove yourself. As in, all the lies you posted here. Prove it....Prove 2-3 things you just made up. I'll wait.
    Sorry to keep you waiting. Hopefully you found something useful to do with your time besides coloring books.

    First "sir", I have not lied about anything, and I have the evidence to prove it. Just because I didn't post it doesn't mean I didn't have it. My credibility is just fine; after all, I'm not the one trying to sell a product by lying and trash-talking the competition while failing to provide requested answers to questions regarding the claims about "my" products. I also have only heard of you recovering a few vehicles- Ecodiesel, or otherwise- due to the tuner in question being out of the office at the time (I'm sure you have lots of other tunes in development for other platforms, right? Can't wait to see them). There are people on this site and other public forums still waiting on answers to questions from you, and not a single one of them have asked for the SFT logic or calibrations, just validated proof of verification testing. Also, the other companies you mentioned/took a swipe at don't have to be repeatedly asked multiple times for answers to basic questions- and we talked about how you needed to work on that, young man- then argue with those same potential clients about whether or not the questions were answered and call them liars. Probably not the best business model to follow. So who's trolling again?

    The facts are as follows:
    1. You did not 'develop' any engine tunes; I have the scanned letter from the Bulgarian tuning firm showing this. A more accurate term for your work on the engine tunes might be 'tune tweaker', and even that's a stretch. That's one "made-up" thing proven.
    2. It is stated in the same letter that Alientech is used for OBD "tuning". So that's two "made-up" things proven.
    3. It is interesting how it took established tuning companies years of work and testing to come up with their tunes (engine and otherwise), but you did it so quickly and easily in your garage over a weekend by yourself "because you're so talented". Now who’s messed up? One of these things is not like the other...


    Second, it's hilarious that someone from the USCG/USAF try to mock the Navy, Army or USMC for the amount of time we spend at sea or on missions- what was your longest underway or time in the field, a day? Maybe a week, max? Were you ever even on a ship? I've been in over 18 years AD now, pal. And as everyone can see, I do have evidence. You went from sitting in an air conditioned USCG operations space as a OS to sitting in an USAF air conditioned space "flying" drones. You're certainly a hard edged warrior, no doubt. Those stories must really impress your fellow combat vets at the VFW and VA. Before you lie again to inflate your own ego, maybe tell the class what your rank and MOS are. [Mine are Nuclear Electrician’s Mate, First Class (Submarines); NECs/MOSs: N14O, N14S, 752B, N41Z, 803R, N59X, 805A]

    Third, as for my level of aggression- Ahahahahahahaha. Are you sure you are a member of the actual military, not some grade school JROTC group? If you think my statements are/were aggressive, I seriously question your "service" to this country. But since you brought it up, I've done four deployments to hot zone areas where if we were even detected we most likely would have been killed. Can you claim similar experience? Since we were detected I've never been shot at (the enemy never knew we were there), so I don't claim to be a 'combat' veteran. I'm more than willing to share the truth, like how the USCG does not go in to direct combat, USCG OSs even less so, and those claiming to be drone pilots are not at risk of having to bail out after their aircraft is shot down. Exactly how many times have you been shot at again? (FYI, the Vietnam conflict ended in the 70s. No one on active duty in the last 20 years was there. Might want to pick up a history book.)

    Again, I never lied. And here's the proof I mentioned- just remember you wanted me to post it.

    (P.S. - If you'd like, I can share the messenger conversation we had about your assignment in the military. You know, the one where you asked me not to share details about, because you are embarrassed about it?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-screenshot-1.png   Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-screenshot-2.png   Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-screenshot-3.png   Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-screenshot-4.png   Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-screenshot-5.png  

    Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-screenshot-6.png   Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-screenshot-7.png   Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-screenshot-8.png   Hit 30+MPG from my lifted EcoDiesel GDE + SFT Tunes-sofaking-proof.jpg  
    Last edited by navyr113; 05-13-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    2015 Limited, 3.55 LSD, bought 1/2017 (36k miles). GDE tuned since 3/17, 73k miles and counting.


  3. #143
    Administrator 97hmcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Location: Location, Location
    Posts
    7,359
    Member #
    1428
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4251 times
    Probably time to continue this discussion via PM or risk closing this thread.
    Gputah, bobcat67 and Kazimodo like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #144
    RAM Jr Member Gputah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    41
    Member #
    37246
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Probably time to continue this discussion via PM or risk closing this thread.
    Yes I agree. The pissing match shouldn't be public. I did decided to get the SFT Stage 1 tune and compare that to my GDE Hot tune. As unprofessional as SFT might appear to be, they do provide a product that is very competitive. I didn't come here to compare tunes, however, and will most likely start a new thread to report my findings with real world driving from both tunes. I am completely happy with the GDE tune I've had. But, I am the type to explore options, especially if the opportunity presents itself and it has. There are a few things I've noticed right off after driving with the SFT tune that wasn't in the GDE Tune. A couple positives, and one negative so far. But I need to drive more.

    But please take the pissing match to PM. The entire thing is immature.

  6. #145
    RAM Regular John Bartley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Posts
    378
    Member #
    7643
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    239 times
    One can piss, but it takes two to have a match, so maybe one of you can be the adult and just .... quit pissing?

  7. #146
    RAM Guru shawclan5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    971
    Member #
    18097
    Vehicle
    2016 Longhorn 3.0 & GDE
    Liked
    523 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Probably time to continue this discussion via PM or risk closing this thread.
    Respectfully...Seems sunlight is a good disinfectant and I for one have learned much from this. Others say close it but still come back and read more? Voyeurs?

    As a consumer, we should ALL want to know more about both the products AND character of the business owner...credibility and honesty goes a looong way when making $1,000+ decisions.

    Many come to this site as 'visitors' as I once did and for those seeking tune advice AS I DID HERE the thread is incredibly illuminating in MANY respects. I DID NOT KNOW for example an OBDII tune would be so detectable. Potential shoppers for SFT and/or GDE may not either...one can reasonably suspect the information here could/has saved warranty voids.
    boocoodinkydow likes this.
    2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 w/ 279k and counting
    2016 Longhorn ED with GDE 186k / 4.400 hrs and counting


  8. #147
    RAM Rookie Waynehead05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma CIty
    Posts
    24
    Member #
    39460
    Vehicle
    2016 Black Limited Ecodiesel
    Liked
    11 times
    Some of y’all are funny. If you’re going to analyze Jimmy’s character so much hold every executive from every product you buy to the same scrutiny. You’d probably start making everything yourselves. Let’s be real here... there are options. I’m enjoying the additional 150+ miles to a tank off my stage 2 SFT +SFT transmission tune. It’s performing exactly how I thought it would, and I’d probably be saying the same had I gone the same setup with GDE. Difference is I don’t care what Jimmy eats for breakfast, what he says behind closed doors, nor what his religious beliefs are. The 32-35 mpg I seem to be getting at 80mph can’t be ignored. Period. Look at the product, and the product only because none of you are sponsors of any company on here, and should let each other make their own opinion. $1000 v $1700 is a no brainer for similar results. Nobody is blowing up trucks like PPEI Lol
    John Jensen likes this.

  9. #148
    RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    3,184
    Member #
    7966
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1405 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynehead05 View Post
    Some of y’all are funny. If you’re going to analyze Jimmy’s character so much hold every executive from every product you buy to the same scrutiny. You’d probably start making everything yourselves. Let’s be real here... there are options. I’m enjoying the additional 150+ miles to a tank off my stage 2 SFT +SFT transmission tune. It’s performing exactly how I thought it would, and I’d probably be saying the same had I gone the same setup with GDE. Difference is I don’t care what Jimmy eats for breakfast, what he says behind closed doors, nor what his religious beliefs are. The 32-35 mpg I seem to be getting at 80mph can’t be ignored. Period. Look at the product, and the product only because none of you are sponsors of any company on here, and should let each other make their own opinion. $1000 v $1700 is a no brainer for similar results. Nobody is blowing up trucks like PPEI Lol
    Another SFT customer with outlandish claims. Do you use fuelly or have any other way to back up these '32-35mpg at 80mph' claims?

    Don't tell Vets how they should take a company advertising as 'combat veteran owned'. Just don't.

    I find SFT's choice of URL for the business quite childish. I'll choose a company based on what I want, even if what I want costs more. I'm a firm believe in you get what you pay for. I paid $1250 for both tunes so not sure where you got the 1700.
    Crash68, 97hmcs and MAS like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

  10. #149
    RAM Guru Brokedownbutgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Hermiston, Oregon
    Posts
    1,164
    Member #
    15458
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    490 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynehead05 View Post
    Some of y’all are funny. If you’re going to analyze Jimmy’s character so much hold every executive from every product you buy to the same scrutiny. You’d probably start making everything yourselves. Let’s be real here... there are options. I’m enjoying the additional 150+ miles to a tank off my stage 2 SFT +SFT transmission tune. It’s performing exactly how I thought it would, and I’d probably be saying the same had I gone the same setup with GDE. Difference is I don’t care what Jimmy eats for breakfast, what he says behind closed doors, nor what his religious beliefs are. The 32-35 mpg I seem to be getting at 80mph can’t be ignored. Period. Look at the product, and the product only because none of you are sponsors of any company on here, and should let each other make their own opinion. $1000 v $1700 is a no brainer for similar results. Nobody is blowing up trucks like PPEI Lol
    Thats an insane comment and one that makes me ignore all of your claims, fca is blowing up trucks way more than ppei which has blown up zero ecodiesels. Jimmy needs to work on marketing and stop lying about other companies, yes gde suspected him of stealing his tune I did to. But he could have settled it quietly behind closed doors like gde offered but he choose to use the publicity to draw attention. He still wont disclose facts or information about his tune. He did offer to tune my truck free so I could compare his tune to ppei and gde. But that would require me to have a third ecm and spend money out of my pocket with nothing to gain.
    Last edited by Brokedownbutgood; 05-17-2019 at 03:07 AM.
    Crash68 and 97hmcs like this.

  11. #150
    GDE
    GDE is offline
    Supporting Vendor GDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,087
    Member #
    4308
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2498 times
    ^^^ We reviewed his engine tune. It is actually similar to a Celtic tune. Turns off a few codes and makes changes in the full load for power. It does nothing in the part load area and we have a tough time seeing any fuel economy benefits with a tune like this. It will turn off the egr, but the swirl system is still active, which does not make sense. It is a good beginner tune for someone how knows nothing about a diesel engine. It certainly will not achieve their claims.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New GDE tunes
    By Davemd in forum Green Diesel Engineering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2017, 07:20 AM
  2. Question for the folks with GDE tunes
    By Brutus in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2017, 06:12 AM
  3. GDE vs. Celtic Tunes
    By Onefastbike in forum RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 06:14 AM
  4. She Hit 30 (k miles) Today!
    By DavidG in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 06:45 AM
  5. mpg on lifted 4 and 6 in trucks
    By Crappie man in forum RAM 1500 Diesel General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2015, 11:45 AM