Sofa KingTuned Vs Everything - Page 7

Sofa KingTuned Vs Everything

This is a discussion on Sofa KingTuned Vs Everything within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Originally Posted by Ram1 I am curious now, is this something you plug into the OBD and keep it there or does it do it's ...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Sofa KingTuned Vs Everything

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram1 View Post
    I am curious now, is this something you plug into the OBD and keep it there or does it do it's own reprogramming somehow?

Does the SFT have the engine braking and regen message options?
    They do not have regen message or a functional engine brake.
    Ram1 and sourdo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    256 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jensen View Post
    Thanks, I forgot about that. I thought GDE got rid of it to improve MPG, I don't remember any reference to it producing more soot. That said, My 84 year memory sometimes screws me up. You are probably correct and if so, you are right, the tune efficiency does effect regens (soot).
    Hi: John Jensen... You really need to trade her in for a newer model.
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldragon View Post
    Hi: John Jensen... You really need to trade her in for a newer model.
    Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
    Hey DD, Why would you say that? I've got to much invested in this one and I realy like it! Low miles, trouble free, comfortable, fun driving, etc.

Name:  01-Smiley-1.gif
Views: 116
Size:  8.6 KB
    2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler
    ARCHOIL 9100 & 6200 and PRI-D & PRI-G Dealer

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 ED Laramie, 355 Diff ,ARE Cap, pull me over first Red
    Liked
    534 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    They do not have regen message or a functional engine brake.
    Thanks, that would have been a dealbreaker for me. Love the GDE tune, been working great towing my trailer, NO problem going over and Down these mountains with my 8k lb Trailer!

And besides, I would have a REAL hard time telling my friends that my truck is tuned by the SOFA KING.....really? Sofa King?
    Last edited by Ram1; 06-05-2019 at 11:37 PM.
    Do not rule out working with your hands, but it does not preclude using your head.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Ecodiesel
    Liked
    316 times
    Not sure what GDE means. This is from SFT's web site FAQs

HOW DO I ACTIVATE THE VGT TURBO BRAKE?
    To activate you must meet the following conditions:
    Foot off the accelerator and over 2,000 RPMs
    If you're coasting down hill simply downshift to keep RPMs over 2k (limits are in place to prevent over-revving engine).

2016, Ram 1500 Big Horn, Crew Cab, 4x4, EcoDiesel, 3.55 Axle, Leer 100XR Shell on 5.7 bed
    2006, Ford F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.0 Diesel, 3.73 Axle, Leer 180 Shell on 8' bed
    2005, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 4x4, 4.0 Inline 6, Rock Crawler
    ARCHOIL 9100 & 6200 and PRI-D & PRI-G Dealer

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1531 times
    Bounty,
    Curious - why is regen frequency so important to you?
    I know others have provided some clarification and I appreciate that.

Soot is generated by an incomplete fuel burn, or more simply put, inefficiency. Distance between regens is a good and simple indicator of how efficient a tune is, how complete the fuel burn is across the RPM range.

GDE has gone on record saying that removing pilot injection does more to reduce soot than does turning off the EGR. Doing both is ideal.

FCA tunes with pilot injection to reduce NVH, which is noise, vibration, and harmonics I believe. Making a diesel less diesel-like to appeal to more buyers. This is why most comment on the GDE tune increasing engine noise and sounding more like a diesel.

I'll keep asking for regen frequencies of any tune as a simple benchmark for comparison.
    John Jensen and RossCountyRam like this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500
    Liked
    531 times
    Not sure what GDE means. This is from SFT's web site FAQs

HOW DO I ACTIVATE THE VGT TURBO BRAKE?
    To activate you must meet the following conditions:
    Foot off the accelerator and over 2,000 RPMs
    If you're coasting down hill simply downshift to keep RPMs over 2k (limits are in place to prevent over-revving engine).

The (sft) advertise it but the feature does not actually work just like ppei advertises there turbo braking feature but it does not work either.
    GDE likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    My 2016 GDE dash readout and hand calculated MPG are the same
    Mine as well, 2015. Just got the tune about a month ago. Hand calculated 4 times, one time dead on the other 3 showed 0.1mpg less than actual. Quit checking now, accurate enough for me. Get 23-24 consistently running 80-85. 17.9 with the bass boat in tow running 75-80. Worth every penny for the GDE hot tune and trans tune.
    TwoBobs likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    15 Ram Eco
    Liked
    1 times
    OK, people, I'm kinda of a newbie on this whole Diesel thing. I bought my 15 Eco big horn quad cab in Aug, 15 and have 67,000 on it now. I change my own oil and fuel filters but I let businesses do the other, like tranny fluid and coolant and what not. My question I guess is( been a gear head all my life, muscle cars in particular) I don't really know a dam thing when it comes to all this mumbo-jumbo re-gen stuff and all the talk. I put diesel in the dam thing and drive it. I don't use a jacket in front of the radiator( in iowa, gets kinda cold in January) I have done nothing tune wise, and I myself, have only seen this re-gen screen thing one time, and that's when I was coming back from a Vikings game when it was 20 below in Dec. 16 and that's when it came up and then the service engine soon( or whatever screen it was) and then the electronic throttle control screen. made it all the way back home, but then it went into limp mode and had to take it to dealer next day and they said all it needed was a software up date. That's when I lost my 33-34 down the highway at 70 mph. that was before I was on forum and didn't realize that's when the cheat devices or whatever was wiped off with update. Now, I have never had a problem with it since, that was right at 30,000 miles and I myself have never seen the re-gen screen since then either. Am I doing anything wrong or is truck running right or what? A lot of this stuff I read you guys talking about, I don't have a clue but I haven't had any problems either, knock on wood. I've been interested in a tune, but at same time, why, cause the thing runs as it should, I put diesel in it and go.

RAM Bronze Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1531 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chill68 View Post
    Am I doing anything wrong or is truck running right or what? A lot of this stuff I read you guys talking about, I don't have a clue but I haven't had any problems either, knock on wood. I've been interested in a tune, but at same time, why, cause the thing runs as it should, I put diesel in it and go.
    Yes. Don't run without the winter front when below freezing during the entire drive. Just because the truck runs doesn't mean you should. Be kind to your engine, it likes to run hot and should run hot in the winter. It's more efficient when hot.
    sourdo likes this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links