Sofa KingTuned Vs Everything

This is a discussion on Sofa KingTuned Vs Everything within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Hey folks. Started an account just to post this - Long time lurker, first time poster. - 2016 Eco Bighorn - 60k miles. I've read ...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Sofa KingTuned Vs Everything

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Hey folks. Started an account just to post this - Long time lurker, first time poster. - 2016 Eco Bighorn - 60k miles.
    I've read every forum post, FB post, Group Post on this tune - Mostly because I found it hard to believe the claims people and this company were making.

So here's what I know - or at least what I think I know based on what I've read and researched.

Sofa King Tuned has been business for about 6-8 months or so - reselling someone else's tune (optimum tuning)? - Unsure about the Transmission tune or it's claim to produce "20+ Rear Wheel HP"

The website claims "EVERYTHING is mapped from complete scratch" - Just not by Jimmy.

The tune appears to tamper with the EVIC readouts to make it "appear" as though it's getting better MPG. One of the forums users admits the hand calculations were 20% off of what the EVIC was showing.

Dyno numbers posted are produced on an Inertia rated DynoJet and don't have a stock run to compare them with. (the average person should know DynoJets produce a readout of 9-12% higher HP)?

So what makes this tune better than a PPEI or GDE or Banks? How does 1 single person, pop up out of the woodwork to produce a tune that (safely) beats companies in MPG, HP, and TQ, who have more funding, more experience, more people and more knowledge?
    - Before you answer that - or before anyone answers that, I'd like to see Banks, PPEI, GDE and Sofaking all send their tune in to be; dyno'd on the same day by an independent 3rd party and analysed for all to see what's really there. Why hasn't this been done before?

I'm posting this in the hope the average consumer does their research and finds out the truth of what they are actually buying.
    Always remember - If it sounds too good to be true, It usually is.
    howie12 and navyr113 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    539 times
    First post and you come out swinging and bashing. Welcome to the forum, please introduce yourself and tell us a little about your ED.
    Last edited by Dieselfever; 06-04-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1407 times
    Fever , I don't know , I don't see bashing , just a big warning , about the Sofaking tune maybe not being all the advertised product it is claimed to be ,
    -possible deceptions :
    - evic display modification instead of actual modifications ,,,Ouch.
    -Inertia rated DynoJet Dyno used because it gives false higher results ( new stuff to me ).
    and an invitation to test all PPEI , GDE , Banks , and Sofa K tunes in one place with same equipment ,( never going to happen ).
    AZmavaz may turn out to be a knowledgeable guy , hard to say with one post ...
    welcome to the site AZmanaz.
    John Jensen likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1558 times
    Who and where admitted the EVIC being 20% off on fuel mileage? I’d like to read that lol.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram 3500
    Liked
    2440 times
    All engine tuning effects the dash MPG readout ,always much higher than previous....

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Haul N Grass View Post
    All engine tuning effects the dash MPG readout ,always much higher than previous....
    But the tuner can adjust it like GDE did. They now have theirs extremely accurate.
    Kazimodo and navyr113 like this.

N 48° 38.680, W 080° 40.837 (Northern Ontario)
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 SLT, QC, Ram Box, Black Forest Green, Canyon Brown
    Liked
    335 times
    This isn't going to be another of those "he said ... she said" schoolgirl threads is it?

Maybe instead of letting accusation and rumour run rampant, there should be some requirement for people laying claims to post actual, verifiable evidence? Otherwise this is just a gossip and bashing forum .

Just my $0.05 (no pennies up here)
    lucskoj and John Jensen like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    This isn't going to be another of those "he said ... she said" schoolgirl threads is it?

Maybe instead of letting accusation and rumour run rampant, there should be some requirement for people laying claims to post actual, verifiable evidence? Otherwise this is just a gossip and bashing forum .

Opinions are always okay here as long as they're not presented as facts.
    TexasRam likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post

$0.05?! You got that kind of money to throw around? Toss some my way!
    2015 Limited, 3.55 LSD, bought 1/2017 (36k miles). GDE tuned since 3/17, 73k miles and counting.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram !500 Laramie Crew
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by navyr113 View Post
    $0.05?! You got that kind of money to throw around? Toss some my way!
    He's in Canada. No more pennies.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links