GDE Tune - 2500miles

GDE Tune - 2500miles

This is a discussion on GDE Tune - 2500miles within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; I just bought a new 2018 bighorn and tuned it right away. Im happy with the performance of the tune, and zero issues with the ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By 97hmcs
  • 4 Post By Captainmal

Thread: GDE Tune - 2500miles

Member #
    Vehicle
    2018 Bighorn Black Edition Ecodiesel, 2.5” level
    Liked
    40 times

GDE Tune - 2500miles

I just bought a new 2018 bighorn and tuned it right away. Im happy with the performance of the tune, and zero issues with the install and truck after the tune.

I hand calculated 22mpg (US gallon) through one tank, 3/4 city driving and 1/4 highway (21 mph average). Not too bad for a brand new engine! It could possibly get a bit better as the engine breaks in.

note: 2" level and larger diameter tires were installed as well before the calculation.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram Ecodiesel
    Liked
    4591 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AOFA View Post
    I just bought a new 2018 bighorn and tuned it right away. Im happy with the performance of the tune, and zero issues with the install and truck after the tune.

I hand calculated 22mpg (US gallon) through one tank, 3/4 city driving and 1/4 highway (21 mph average). Not too bad for a brand new engine! It could possibly get a bit better as the engine breaks in.

note: 2" level and larger diameter tires were installed as well before the calculation.
    Sounds good. You will need to re-calibrate the speedo for the new tire size in order to get an accurate hand-calc. for MPG.
    AOFA, Dieselfever and sourdo like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    '14 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel quad cab 4 x 4
    Liked
    6679 times
    Happy you are happy. GDE is so good to have and deal with. Heck they cooperated with me perfectly sending the new tune quickly in preparation for my AEM tune. Then I swapped out and near immediately credited my account for the return exchange.

Never a hassle with GDE. Their track record is long and unbroken. Enjoy the new ride.
    GDE, AOFA, Dieselfever and 1 others like this.
    If you wrestle with a pig you'll both get dirty and the pig loves it. .

Sponsored Links