Switching Back to GDE - Page 2

Switching Back to GDE

This is a discussion on Switching Back to GDE within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; Originally Posted by 97hmcs Do you recall what percentage the GDE ECM was at when you removed it? That's the value I would want to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Switching Back to GDE

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 97hmcs View Post
    Do you recall what percentage the GDE ECM was at when you removed it? That's the value I would want to match. When you reinstall the GDE that's exactly what the ECM will indicate is current.
    My custom torque app settings disappeared a while back, so I wasn't even monitoring.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    23 times
    It seems if I wait until right after a regen, then swap, the worst case is the GDE tuned ECM does the burn-off very early because it's memory says it's close to a regen. That seems no worse than immediately doing a burn-off like a newly tuned GDE module does.
    Kazimodo likes this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 EcoD Tradesman Crew
    Liked
    5 times
    If your GDE was built a while ago, you might contact GDE to see if they’ve updated the tune since yours.
    While it’s out of your RAM, your free to mail it in for the $50 update, if there've been changes you want to get AND when you get the updated ECU back it WILL do the’full-Monte” Regen since prior state info will have been wiped.
    Another possibility....

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500, Lexus NX hybrid, Mopeds, boats, jet skis
    Liked
    32 times
    Are you not worried about losing that AEM warranty?

RAM Silver Member Bounty Hunter's Avatar
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie
    Liked
    1712 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idoseadoo View Post
    The GDE hot tune is not easily detectable by the dealer and they're not looking. Never had a problem getting warranty work done while tuned.
    Captainmal likes this.
    2016 Laramie CC 6'4", Delmonico Red, GDE Hot tune and Trans tune, External oil cooler, PPE Trans pan

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram ED Crew Cab Big Horn
    Liked
    90 times
    The GDE updated software is the AEM software with the GDE modifications, so will show its the AEM software if the dealer checks it. Any time GDE has an update to their tune, its the lasted FCA update out.
    97hmcs and Kazimodo like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Big Horn CC 5.7' 3.55
    Liked
    1440 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve49 View Post
    The GDE updated software is the AEM software with the GDE modifications, so will show its the AEM software if the dealer checks it. Any time GDE has an update to their tune, its the lasted FCA update out.
    Exactly , this is how GDE said that :
    GDE about the tune :

We are not writing new software in the Bosch ecm.
    There are literally almost 18,000 maps, curves, labels, arrays, etc. in the code.
    FCA paid millions for this development and Bosch has hundreds of software coders for this task.
    We change the data inside the existing software.
    To develop a ground up ecm to work like the Bosch module might be a 50 million dollar venture.
    Bosch amortizes those expenses with many vehicle manufacturers that use the same EDC17 ecm.

from thread ost #49
    https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...-newbie-3.html
    Steve49 and GRIFF4 like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie QC EcoDiesel
    Liked
    134 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve49 View Post
    Good to know they start with a baseline of the latest FCA flash. I guess they have it once someone sends in a unit that's had the AEM update, and we know CaptainM already sent his in.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idoseadoo View Post
    Nope. I still have the stock ECM, so I can put it back in any time. Also as Bounty Hunter said it's not easily detectable.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daves1646 View Post
    If your GDE was built a while ago, you might contact GDE to see if they’ve updated the tune since yours.
    While it’s out of your RAM, your free to mail it in for the $50 update, if there've been changes you want to get AND when you get the updated ECU back it WILL do the’full-Monte” Regen since prior state info will have been wiped.
    Another possibility....
    My tune is less than a year old, so I decided not to go that route. Yesterday I checked the "soot %" with Torque, and it was at 64%. Today I took the truck for a spin and ran it through a regen. By the time I got home it was at 12.5%. Then I put the GDE tuned ECM back in. Now it's reading 38%, so things should be fine with that. This time I'll need to remember the stock ECM thinks it's at 12.5% in case I never need to put it back in.
    97hmcs likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links