GDE, can you enable the factory Turbo Boost and Exhaust Brake screens in the EVIC?

GDE, can you enable the factory Turbo Boost and Exhaust Brake screens in the EVIC?

This is a discussion on GDE, can you enable the factory Turbo Boost and Exhaust Brake screens in the EVIC? within the RAM 1500 Diesel Tuning forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Garage - RAM 1500 Diesel Mechanics Corner category; In an old thread title "Request for new EVIC page" user RevEngr was able to customize the EVIC. He enabled the boost screen that the ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By TexasRam
  • 1 Post By TexasRam
  • 2 Post By RevEngr

Thread: GDE, can you enable the factory Turbo Boost and Exhaust Brake screens in the EVIC?

Member #
    Vehicle
    Black 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel CC 4x4 Air Suspension
    Liked
    115 times

Question GDE, can you enable the factory Turbo Boost and Exhaust Brake screens in the EVIC?

In an old thread title "Request for new EVIC page" user RevEngr was able to customize the EVIC. He enabled the boost screen that the Cummins trucks use and the exhaust brake gauge (although he configured it to read out DPF Filter % full level). He explained he had no interest in marketing the custom work he had performed on his truck. I would love to have these screens enabled when I purchase the GDE Hot Tune with Regen message and Engine braking. I know GDE can enable the Regen screen so this request seems within your reach. Is this something you would be capable of adding to your tune?
    CDNecoD and Thermorex like this.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    115 times
    Anyone else interested in these additions? GDE might be more likely to devote their time and resourced to making these changes if they see a lot of people chiming in with interest!
    Thermorex likes this.

Mods: Cabin filter, Bakflip F1 and BakBox, Kat's block heater cord, Tinted front windows, Ram stainless steel door sill plates, Amp Research PowerSteps PNP

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram 1500 Slt Ecodiesel
    Liked
    13 times
    Definitely interested!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Vehicle
    none yet
    Liked
    85 times
    If either or both are possible, I'd be all over it.

GDE
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Ram EcoDiesel 3.92axle 4x4
    Liked
    2582 times
    This would require reprogramming of the instrument cluster to accomplish, which we aren't setup to do at this point.

Your only option would be swapping in a Cummins instrument cluster, which would be a drop-in swap. The boost gauge should work, but the exhaust braking one no (because those CAN messages aren't supported on the EcoD).

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    This would require reprogramming of the instrument cluster to accomplish, which we aren't setup to do at this point.

Your only option would be swapping in a Cummins instrument cluster, which would be a drop-in swap. The boost gauge should work, but the exhaust braking one no (because those CAN messages aren't supported on the EcoD).
    Ok, thanks for the response. It would've been nice. I'll be getting the GDE tune here soon regardless.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post

That may be one way to do it but it isn't the way I went about it. I didn't change the cluster, it is the stock '14 3.0L cluster. I don't think swapping in a Cummins cluster would work either. The BCM sends the configuration across the bus so you need to tell the BCM you want those features enabled. Then it will tell the cluster you want those features enabled. Unfortunately, even if you got that far all you would have is the display. The boost and exhaust brake signals are on the same id and it isn't sent out with the stock programming. I used a gateway box I designed to intercept and modify the signals to the cluster to get that functionality.
    97hmcs and JRWS6 like this.

Member #
    Vehicle
    Liked
    115 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevEngr View Post
    That may be one way to do it but it isn't the way I went about it. I didn't change the cluster, it is the stock '14 3.0L cluster. I don't think swapping in a Cummins cluster would work either. The BCM sends the configuration across the bus so you need to tell the BCM you want those features enabled. Then it will tell the cluster you want those features enabled. Unfortunately, even if you got that far all you would have is the display. The boost and exhaust brake signals are on the same id and it isn't sent out with the stock programming. I used a gateway box I designed to intercept and modify the signals to the cluster to get that functionality.
    Unfortunately it sounds like i'll have to do without those much coveted screens because what you did to get them working for you is well beyond my abilities. RevEngr if you change your mind about making a kit or something available to the rest of us i'm sure you'd have a ton of takers! Same goes for you GDE!

Member #
    Vehicle
    none yet
    Liked
    85 times
    Oh well...if it's not possible as part of a tune, it's not possible as part of a tune. Sounds like you came up with a neat solution, RevEngr.

Thanks, GDE, for your fast and helpful response as usual.

Sponsored Links