Cooper AT/3 P (115t) rated VS LT rated VS BFG VS LTX

This is a discussion on Cooper AT/3 P (115t) rated VS LT rated VS BFG VS LTX within the RAM 1500 Diesel Wheels and Tires forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Appearance - RAM 1500 Diesel Mod Corner category; Hi guy's I am looking for new 3 season tire ( I have dedicated snow tires). I was going to pull the trigger on Cooper ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sfraser
  • 1 Post By smon

Thread: Cooper AT/3 P (115t) rated VS LT rated VS BFG VS LTX

Member #
    Vehicle
    2014 Laramie ED
    Liked
    235 times

Hi guy's I am looking for new 3 season tire ( I have dedicated snow tires). I was going to pull the trigger on Cooper AT/3 LT tires but they are in the same $ range as BFG KO2's and Michelin LTX tires.Cooper also have a SUV AT/3 which is P or 115T rated (4 ply) that is $75/tire cheaper. I tow a lot, and tow a lot of different things. The heaviest being a boat or firewood (6000-7000lbs range). For the weight I am towing, any of the above LT tire's will suffice. I don't require a super aggressive tire, as a slippery boat ramp, or accessing my hunt camp (wet sand) in the spring is likely the worst situation I will come across. I don't want the ride or gas mileage to suffer to much if possible. I have owned several set's of KO tires on several 1/2 and 1 ton pickups. Excellent tire, but heavy, aggressive and a stiff noisy ride. I will assume the KO2's have improved a little in those area's? Can anyone with experience with both generations of KO's/KO2's confirm? Does anyone have the P rated Cooper AT/3 tire and tow ?

Thanks for reading

Scott
    04rcode likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 2500 CTD Outdoorsman Granite
    2014 Laramie ED 4x4 Crew, Line-X, 13" antenna, Razor Hitch, Bilstein 5100, Vtech Wheels,

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 Laramie CC ED Max Steel
    Liked
    87 times
    With those activities, I would personally stick with an LT tire.

I just put a set of KO2 on my truck and they are great. They have improved over the originals. I really didn't notice any noise increase over the stock highway tires. Stiffer obviously, but it's still a great riding truck either way.

I have also had a few sets of the Michelin on other vehicles. They are my go to tire if I don't need an A/T. They are quiet, smooth, and seem to last forever.

I don't think you will see much of a mileage difference between any of those LT tires. Maybe a 1-2 mpg increase with the Michelin LTX over the other 2.
    sfraser likes this.

Sponsored Links