Cooper Discover experiences

This is a discussion on Cooper Discover experiences within the RAM 1500 Diesel Wheels and Tires forums, part of the RAM 1500 Diesel Appearance - RAM 1500 Diesel Mod Corner category; I have a set of Cooper's on my RV they are very nice and seem even stronger than the Michelin's that I have on that ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sourdo

Thread: Cooper Discover experiences

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn Edition
    Liked
    143 times

I have a set of Cooper's on my RV they are very nice and seem even stronger than the Michelin's that I have on that 11,000 pound beast. But now it s time for new tires on Ram 1500 4.x.4 I am looking for...

Great quiet highway tire that also handles Mountain roads (not off-road) and going across the west which is full of icy-winter-snow. But I don't have a set of winter tires which I probably should but I am going with 1 set for the beast with chains when it gets extreme.

I am thinking of these Cooper DISCOVERER H/T PLUS - SIZE: 275/60R20.

Thoughts?

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn ecodiesel
    Liked
    71 times
    I had a 2015 Ecodiesel that I removed the SRA's and installed General grabbers as they were XL tires and I was looking to reduce tire squat when towing. I wore them about 48K miles still slightly above the wear bars when I had them changed. I liked the tire and ride. My tire dealership did not have 4 in stock so I bought 4 Cooper discoverer h/t's. I had about 10K miles on them when I traded the 2015 Eco in for my 2017 Ecodiesel. I had the dealership swap the brand new SRA's to the 2015 and place the Coopers on the new 2017. Last month I had a new set of 4 placed on the 2017 at 45K miles on odometer. (55K miles total miles on tires from two different truck) They were still a bit above the wear bars but I like to run with really good tires. I check the tire air pressure regularly and have them rotated at each oil change. They ride very nice, handle well in rain and snow. I really like how the xl tires improve my towing of the 34.5 travel trailer. My Son just bought a used 1500 with Hemi and I noticed his truck has the coopers on as well.

PS>>> The original 2015 Wrangler SRA's are on my 2005 Ram 1500 Hemi as I no longer tow with that old girl.

Member #
    Did you get them? I am thinking of swapping out the SR-As with the same as I do not go off road, rarely travel in winter, and am looking to keep the excellent fuel mileage we get

4. Remove Advertisements
    Ram1500Diesel.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fxober View Post
    I have a set of Cooper's on my RV they are very nice and seem even stronger than the Michelin's that I have on that 11,000 pound beast. But now it s time for new tires on Ram 1500 4.x.4 I am looking for...

Great quiet highway tire that also handles Mountain roads (not off-road) and going across the west which is full of icy-winter-snow. But I don't have a set of winter tires which I probably should but I am going with 1 set for the beast with chains when it gets extreme.

I am thinking of these Cooper DISCOVERER H/T PLUS - SIZE: 275/60R20.

Thoughts?
    Forget the chains. Even the useless cable chains are iffy on the front (and link chains will not fit on the front at all.) Whatever your traction needs, they will have to be met by tire choice alone.
    Doug Dickerson
    "We have not inherited the Earth from our parents, we have borrowed it from our children."

Member #
    Vehicle
    2016 RAM 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn Edition
    Liked
    143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by USNA12 View Post
    Did you get them? I am thinking of swapping out the SR-As with the same as I do not go off road, rarely travel in winter, and am looking to keep the excellent fuel mileage we get
    Not yet, I am thinking of getting them in the next 2-3 months.

BTW, a good place to pick them up is via Amazon's Marketplace check this out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QL5R1Q...v_ov_lig_dp_it

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1565 times
    Cant speak for that tire specifically but have a set of Discoverer A/T's Load range E on mine and I love them so far. I like the stiffness of the tire in cornering more than the stock p tires. They are very marginally louder, but not bad. I like them and would buy them again if the rice was right (it was really right for these)

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Tradesman QC 4x4 3.0 Ecodiesel 3.55 Axle
    Liked
    461 times
    Last spring we drove with RV TT 14.5k miles.

P rated tires weren't going to do, so I bought a set of 275/70/17R Cooper HT3 E rated tires. I have them at 65 psi (max 80 psi).

The ride wasn't much "stiffer" then the OEM GY, they grip the road very well. In fact for a hwy tire, they did better in the snow also.

No complaints, a good towing tire.

I've used up a set of Cooper AT3 tires in the past on a different truck, they are a bit noisier and wear a bit faster.

Tire wear is more pronounced when towing that many miles, I'll never get 50k out of them, but perhaps closer to 40 k miles, we tow often.
    TwoBobs likes this.
    Cheers
    sourdo

Sponsored Links