Another maintenance day - Page 2

Another maintenance day

This is a discussion on Another maintenance day within the Ram 3500 General Discussion forums, part of the Ram 2500 & 3500 category; I cannot suggest anything but the OEM fuel filters. I think some guys on cumminsforum are getting fuel filter sets from Athens Dodge off ebay/amazon ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Another maintenance day

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram 3500 Megacab. True Blue, SRW, AS69RC
    Liked
    92 times
    I cannot suggest anything but the OEM fuel filters. I think some guys on cumminsforum are getting fuel filter sets from Athens Dodge off ebay/amazon for under 100$ US shipped as they apparently have a sale on a few times per year. But 107$ US is like 130$ Canadian and that's about the best I can get the fuel filters for, on sale, once a year. In my mind, 107$ is a great price.

Now, if you can piece meal it out, the OEM Mopar rear filter is made by Racor and sold under that, Hastings and the Baldwin names. They usually go for less than Mopar/Fleetguard.

Check Rockauto as well. I know they have the Hastings rear filter, FF1279 on for 36$ US.

I did some research on the oil filter though. The Fleetguard LF16035 is the gold standard. Great filter, great specs and great build but I find the price is bloated. Many 5.9 and 6.7's run their whole life on lesser filtration and survive just fine. I run/ran the Hastings LF608 and now its red cousin, Baldwin BT7349. They are of excellent build and their specs are not far off the 16035 filtration specs. They go for about 12$ Canadian every day (10$ less than the 16035.) I got it for 10$ tax in, on sale. Rock has the LF608 for under 5$ US.

I did a double take on the Dmax fuel filter but it is a different part number than the Ram.

I have been doing some reading about extending my fuel filter changes... after warranty. Ram just uses a basic mileage counter, nothing more, nothing less. In 24,000km I maybe run 2000 litres of fuel (ballpark) through the filters. One guy who hot shots, uses about 4 to 5000 litres in that same mileage. So why cant I run similar volume?

MAS
    Member #
    Vehicle
    2015 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 3.55's
    Liked
    1515 times
    Thanks for the response, I'll keep the part numbers for the other options in mind, but at the moment it seems like the Mopar 3 pack with oil and fuel filers isn't a bad buy and convenient.

I looked at many aftermarket fuel filter options (not baldwin or fleetgaurd), but if I looked hard enough not a single one of them met the micron requirements the Mopar filters are rated for. I wonder how many people use them because they come up on amazon or ebay and just don't know... and how many never have an issue as well.

Thanks again.

Member #
    Vehicle
    2017 Ram 3500 Megacab. True Blue, SRW, AS69RC
    Liked
    92 times
    I know Baldwin/Hastings, Wix all have a front filter listed and I am sure they would provide specs for it but in these parts I found the prices as much or more than OEM.

Anecdotal at best but a friend of mine who runs a 2012 or 2013 F250 PS has run nothing but Wx oil and fuel filters for the last 130,00km on his CP4 pumped engine. He has not run into one related problem.

Probably these filters are just fine but the cost makes them a no go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links