RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's vehicle is a jeep grand Cherokee ecodiesel. It went into limp mode this am with an error message saying DPF is 100% full, service required.
Can I force a regen with Alpha OBD in limp mode or get the ECU out of limp mode then force it to regen ?
Thanks for any help!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
first thing to know is .... why did it go to 100%
if it was just neglect and not paying attention to the previous warning the Alfa will work right away .
it could be a bad sensor as Big John had in this thread .
procedure described in the thread , you'll have to read a little , at least not the entire site ...

Filter at 100%, Forced Regen and GDE

he purchased a used crap sensor , and could not do the stationary regen ,
then have a look at
post # 102 , when he got a good sensor the stationary regen worked

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha, thanks, there were no previous warnings about %full, just all the sudden 100% and limp mode. I'll go do some reading

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first thing to know is .... why did it go to 100%
if it was just neglect and not paying attention to the previous warning the Alfa will work right away .
it could be a bad sensor as Big John had in this thread .
procedure described in the thread , you'll have to read a little , at least not the entire site ...

Filter at 100%, Forced Regen and GDE

he purchased a used crap sensor , and could not do the stationary regen ,
then have a look at
post # 102 , when he got a good sensor the stationary regen worked
The link provided just goes to a blank page, I tried searching the forum for that title but cant find the thread ...

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,424 Posts
There is two "force regen" in AlfaOBD:
'DPF Regeneration Enabling' performs a moving regen during next drive cycle,
'Particulate Filter Regeneration' performs a parked regen when coolant is over 140f
I have tried the first one, you actually enable it with the ignition on but the engine not running then turn the ignition back off. Wait a few minutes then start the truck and go for a drive, it will start a regen when warm enough.
Being your getting the 100% full warning, you may need to do the second one, but not sure the exact procedure. You find the regen options in the Diesel Bosch EDC17C49 module

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
link worked for me ...
here in another form

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is two "force regen" in AlfaOBD:
'DPF Regeneration Enabling' performs a moving regen during next drive cycle,
'Particulate Filter Regeneration' performs a parked regen when coolant is over 140f
I have tried the first one, you actually enable it with the ignition on but the engine not running then turn the ignition back off. Wait a few minutes then start the truck and go for a drive, it will start a regen when warm enough.
Being your getting the 100% full warning, you may need to do the second one, but not sure the exact procedure. You find the regen options in the Diesel Bosch EDC17C49 module
Hello Crash 68 - When you do the 'DPF Regeneration Enabling' does the regen display on the truck's display screen or only via the alpha obd 'DPF soot %' graph? I just tried to enable a regen on my ecodiesel Ram and nothing showed up on the truck display but the alpha obd soot went from 76% down to 36% after a short 8 mile drive on the freeway. Does this sound correct?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,424 Posts
Hello Crash 68 - When you do the 'DPF Regeneration Enabling' does the regen display on the truck's display screen or only via the alpha obd 'DPF soot %' graph? I just tried to enable a regen on my ecodiesel Ram and nothing showed up on the truck display but the alpha obd soot went from 76% down to 36% after a short 8 mile drive on the freeway. Does this sound correct?
Nothing shows on the EVIC, but I usually use the Torque Pro app with a custom PID to monitor the DPF%. The times that I've done it the DPF% goes down to the usual 9.4%. The drive distance is about what I've seen for a regen. Maybe AlfaOBD looks at the spot % differently?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts