RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not my #1 choice, however it has nearly ALL the features I want
Can't order rambox with CC and 6'4" bed (as per dealer) and doesn't have 3.92 (but I was iffy on that)
Should I order, I'll order with 3.92
It has limited slip, etc. Every option.

Anyways, dealer has a white Longhorn on the lot that I have a deposit on and can easily flip to an order.
Only issue is, as the title says, it has gold lower trim. I would like monotone with chrome bumper, but I can also paint the bumper any color I want and not have to worry about powder coating chrome or sand blasting should I ever decide I'm bored of it.
Dealer is willing to paint it white or any other color I want!

Thought of black, but then it looks like an Outdoorsman, not that's a problem. Just find it a tad too dark against white when I see an Outdoorsman.
Then I thought silver to be like a Laramie however bumpers being silver
Then I thought of Granite Crystal to be different.
Or just plain old white and go complete monotone

Thoughts?

But gold isn't an option for me.... LOL

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
As somebody else pointed out to me, "Code XB9" is used to get the RamBox on the 6'4" bed. They're just not doing on the 2015s yet, maybe for lack of parts.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As somebody else pointed out to me, "Code XB9" is used to get the RamBox on the 6'4" bed. They're just not doing on the 2015s yet, maybe for lack of parts.
Did not know this..... Should the deal not work out for this one, I'll Order and do 3.92 and wait a bit go see if I can get RB on 6'4" bed.

Thoughts on my above question?

·
Registered
583 Posts
White w/silver lower paint has always looked clean to me. You may have to change the inserts in the wheels also. They MAY be gold, as many Longhorns are. I've saw it mentioned here that the inserts for the wheels (gold or chrome) are not available as a separate part-you have to buy the entire wheel from FCA! If you decide to paint, get the wheels you want, as well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
White w/silver lower paint has always looked clean to me. You may have to change the inserts in the wheels also. They MAY be gold, as many Longhorns are. I've saw it mentioned here that the inserts for the wheels (gold or chrome) are not available as a separate part-you have to buy the entire wheel from FCA! If you decide to paint, get the wheels you want, as well.
You are 100% on the wheels! However, I will more than likely change to aftermarket rims as those inserts cannot be change unless I swap wheels with someone else, which may be more work than just going aftermarket and selling the stock ones.
But I also agree with you. Silver vs the Gold will look pretty good.
Seems we are on the same page.

But looks like I either do Silver or all white. Unless I see it differently

Thanks for your input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts