RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally ordered my truck last week, a 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 6'4" bed. After a couple of days I still wasn't able to pull up my info via the VOTS, so I submitted an email to RAM support, and got the following a day later:

"We are happy to confirm that the order for your 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 has been factory ordered by your dealership on your behalf. The order for your 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 has been accepted into the system however, it has not yet been scheduled for production and assigned a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)."

So was pretty excited. A few more days go by and still nothing in the VOTS, so I submit another email to RAM support, but now I got this response:

We regret to advise that as of 04/16/2014, the order for your 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 is in the status of "Failed Edit". This status indicates that the order entered is either a non-buildable order potentially due to not have been processed correctly at dealership, or
has a constraint."

Was pretty bummed about this response. So tonight I went to the dealer and he showed me that there was a restriction on the following: DS6P91/28H (1500 Laramie CC 4x4 6'4" with EcoDiesel). He then showed me the memo they get on their system for 4.17, and it had listed a restriction on the 20" wheels which are default for the Laramie build. The problem for me is, I don't want the 20" wheels, as I opted for the 17" wheel downgrade as I will be lifting the truck shortly after delivery. So now I will try to contact RAM next week to see if I can get them to allow my order to go through, otherwise, I have to wait until early may for the next "allocation".

Anyone else encounter this within the last 10 days?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just bought a 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 6' 4" bed with 20" wheels. Delivered yesterday. I will also be getting rid of those cheap looking wheels.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Big truck, everyone trying to order the outdoorsman package have been having problems too. If the 17"s on the Laramie come with the same tires as the outdoorsman 17"s then this could be the issue. (Look at multiple threads on here) there has been some issue with the LT tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm...I wonder if this is the issue with mine. I ordered on 4/1, but the dealer state he didn't think he could get it placed until 4/8 due to allocation. I confirmed with him that the order was submitted on 4/8, then again when I spoke to him on 4/9 and asked him to change the gear ratio to 3.92. I stopped at the dealer on 4/17 and they still did not have a VON. Mine is a CC Laramie Longhorn 4X4 with 6'4" bed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So finally ordered my truck last week, a 1500 Laramie CC 4x4 6'4" bed. After a couple of days I still wasn't able to pull up my info via the VOTS, so I submitted an email to RAM support, and got the following a day later:

"We are happy to confirm that the order for your 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 has been factory ordered by your dealership on your behalf. The order for your 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 has been accepted into the system however, it has not yet been scheduled for production and assigned a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)."

So was pretty excited. A few more days go by and still nothing in the VOTS, so I submit another email to RAM support, but now I got this response:

We regret to advise that as of 04/16/2014, the order for your 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 is in the status of "Failed Edit". This status indicates that the order entered is either a non-buildable order potentially due to not have been processed correctly at dealership, or
has a constraint."

Was pretty bummed about this response. So tonight I went to the dealer and he showed me that there was a restriction on the following: DS6P91/28H (1500 Laramie CC 4x4 6'4" with EcoDiesel). He then showed me the memo they get on their system for 4.17, and it had listed a restriction on the 20" wheels which are default for the Laramie build. The problem for me is, I don't want the 20" wheels, as I opted for the 17" wheel downgrade as I will be lifting the truck shortly after delivery. So now I will try to contact RAM next week to see if I can get them to allow my order to go through, otherwise, I have to wait until early may for the next "allocation".

You have peaked my interest. On 4/9 I ordered a Laramie CC 6'4 ED with 17s because I also wanted to put my own wheels on . I know the VOTS system is flawed but I ran the VON# my dealer gave me and it first said "confirmation" then a day or 2 later "scheduled for production". The salesman called me on 4/11 and said the order was accepted and I should see the truck in 6 weeks. But from what I been reading on the forums is the only thing that is certain is uncertainty, on when customers get there trucks . I haven't received a build date so I emailed CS and should be hearing back from them Monday and I will also call my dealer. I will keep you all posted on if my truck made it through and is gonna be produced as my shady salesman claims.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@U.P.906: Thanks, definitely post back with your status. At this point I would take the 20" wheels if it means I can get the truck 2-3 weeks earlier. I sold my jeep 3 weeks ago and it's been rental car hell ever since. $160/week for a shitty corolla is no way to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@U.P.906: Thanks, definitely post back with your status. At this point I would take the 20" wheels if it means I can get the truck 2-3 weeks earlier. I sold my jeep 3 weeks ago and it's been rental car hell ever since. $160/week for a shitty corolla is no way to go.
Ok this is what I found out this morning my truck is in "D" status which means "Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available" . I still do not have a build date yet but I will hunt that down like stink in a refrigerator :). I have got a lot of help from SPP over at 2014 status updates - where are you? - Page 462 - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum . Ask to be put on his list. That has been more help than customer service and he can answer most of your questions. Please keep checking in on your status as will I.

·
Registered
346 Posts

has a constraint."

You can't order the EcoDs with 17" wheels on the Outdoorsman, or Laramies, only 20" wheels. That has been the restriction since the beginning. We have all tried to change it, but Ram won't budge (for now).

·
Registered
334 Posts
They also would not allow me to take the 20's off of my bighorn.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You can't order the EcoDs with 17" wheels on the Outdoorsman, or Laramies, only 20" wheels. That has been the restriction since the beginning. We have all tried to change it, but Ram won't budge (for now).
Not since the beginning. 17" wheels may be restricted now but they were available when I ordered a Laramie CC 4x4 on Feb. 7. Note that the Laramie 17" chrome-clad wheels and P-rated tires are different from what would have been on an Outdoorsman (aluminum and LT-rated) had that model been available.

Restrictions seem to come and go frequently without rhyme or reason. Reminds me of the fortune telling machines in amusement parks where you never know what you will get... Step right up and order your Ram today! Guaranteed it will be a surprise!

Zoltar-Ram.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info... I am going to have them remove the 17"s and add back the 20"s see if it can get picked up faster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Strange since I just picked up my Laramie with 17" rims on Saturday. It was ordered March 12.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I heard back from CS today and they said my truck will be built 5/16 but I take that with a grain of salt and they stated " it will be the way I ordered it from the dealer", Unless my dealer changed it to 20s at the last minute and it would be fine if they did to get the order to go through. So as of now ordered on 4/9 est build 5/16

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That seems like a pretty big time-gap, seems like we are both waiting for next allocation :(

I woulda thought ordering on 4.9 would have made it for April's allocation.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@U.P.906: When you got your build sheet from the dealer, what was the status code in the upper right-hand side? Mine said BE, which is a build error, which, based on this thread, could be attributed to the 17"s on the Laramie.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the pic. Ya I think BA is better than BE. Im still concerned that even though I have a VON, my order is still not even being considered for scheduling :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Bigtruck"
I just looked over at the Ramforumz and SPP said my truck will be built 4/30 and shipped 5/1 . I believe his info better than customer service and my dealer is clueless. It looks like I made the April allocation. Are you from Canada or something ? Maybe thats why they won't let you get 17s ?? Bizarre we ordered on the same day and almost the same truck. I did get mine through the FFP plan but I doubt that made the differance.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts