RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my local Ram lot today to see a few differences between the 1500 Quad Cab and 1500 Crew Cab and asked about the side mirrors. The first sale rep said that he did not know much about mirror options. So he went and got the "Truck Guy" who told me he has 7 years experience selling dodge/ram trucks. I asked he had any trucks on the lot that had power folding mirrors and he said there is no such thing on any of the ram trucks. They are all manual folding according to the "Truck Guy".

Is this true?

According to the eBrochure, they have such as a thing as power folding mirrors.

I left my local ram truck lot bewildered.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I stopped by my local Ram lot today to see a few differences between the 1500 Quad Cab and 1500 Crew Cab and asked about the side mirrors. The first sale rep said that he did not know much about mirror options. So he went and got the "Truck Guy" who told me he has 7 years experience selling dodge/ram trucks. I asked he had any trucks on the lot that had power folding mirrors and he said there is no such thing on any of the ram trucks. They are all manual folding according to the "Truck Guy".

Is this true?

Lol. I wonder how my mirrors fold when I push the button then. Twice a day pulling in and out of garage. I have a 2014 slt quad 4x4. Yes their is a options package that has the power mirrors. It includes a few items and is about $700 in canada. I can't see the US rams not having the option.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I want the Tow Mirrors. Can't tell for sure which models have them available...or do I have to buy and install myself.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

Is this true?

Wow, that's embarrassing for the dealer and for Ram. If you can find out who actually does the ordering at the dealer, sit down with them and go through options. Power folding mirrors are standard on the Outdoorsman and above models, and they are an option on the Big Horn (Luxury Group). However, the popular Trailer Tow Group substitutes a large, manual folding mirror; the other items in the group can be ordered separately in order to keep the power folding mirrors which is what I am going to do. Once built the mirrors are not interchangeable except at great cost, so get what you want from the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is very confusing. I got the trailer tow group package and it includes the larger mirrors and they are power folding. I needed power mirrors and this package was the only way to get them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
One salesman at a ram dealer told me he had a business development business. Was a professional boxer and had D1 athletic scholarships. And yes I knew more about the trucks than he did. Bright fellow.

And I agree with whoever said we are waiting for the truck and tired of talking about it. I have seen the chatter die down. ANot much more to discuss until some fellow takes the plunge buys one and gets his hands on one !

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
This is very confusing. I got the trailer tow group package and it includes the larger mirrors and they are power folding. I needed power mirrors and this package was the only way to get them.
That is confusing. I have researched mirrors carefully and examined them on many trucks in dealer lots. From what I can tell there are basically two types: 6x9-inch (left photo, power-folding on higher models, manual on lower models) and 7x11-inch (right photo, trailer towing group, manual folding). There are variations in colors and features but only the 6x9-inch are power-folding.

Ram-folding-mirror.jpg Ram-towing-mirror.jpg

If you have the Ram 7x11-inch mirrors and they power-fold, that is unique and I would like to know more about them.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
One salesman at a ram dealer told me he had a business development business. Was a professional boxer and had D1 athletic scholarships. And yes I knew more about the trucks than he did. Bright fellow.

And I agree with whoever said we are waiting for the truck and tired of talking about it. I have seen the chatter die down. ANot much more to discuss until some fellow takes the plunge buys one and gets his hands on one !
Maybe the forum name should be changed to EcoDiesel Rumors because that is mostly what we have to go on. ;)

I did test drive an EcoDiesel and was completely satisfied with it. Definitely tired of waiting to order, though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is confusing. I have researched mirrors carefully and examined them on many trucks in dealer lots. From what I can tell there are basically two types: 6x9-inch (left photo, power-folding on higher models, manual on lower models) and 7x11-inch (right photo, trailer towing group, manual folding). There are variations in colors and features but only the 6x9-inch are power-folding.

View attachment 25 View attachment 26

If you have the Ram 7x11-inch mirrors and they power-fold, that is unique and I would like to know more about them.
Good pics. Lol. I have the mirrors on the red truck. 7x11. Only difference is my signal and entry lights are on the bottom of the mirror. Mine are power folding. They are great. Very good vision from cab and fold up very tight to window. My side steps actually stick out farther then the mirrors when they are folded. They were an option in a package. Just can't remember the name. You should look at the ramtrucks.ca site. Print off the package and ask your dealer why US trucks don't have this option.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Good pics. Lol. I have the mirrors on the red truck. 7x11. Only difference is my signal and entry lights are on the bottom of the mirror. Mine are power folding. They are great. Very good vision from cab and fold up very tight to window. My side steps actually stick out farther then the mirrors when they are folded. They were an option in a package. Just can't remember the name. You should look at the ramtrucks.ca site. Print off the package and ask your dealer why US trucks don't have this option.
I looked at the Canada site and the trailer towing mirrors are "manual fold-away." :confused:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That must be the "Eh" package.

Can you find out? I would be interested in getting mirrors like that in the US as my trailers are at the full legal width limit of 8'6". But I only pull them 20 days out of the year.

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
That must be the "Eh" package.

Can you find out? I would be interested in getting mirrors like that in the US as my trailers are at the full legal width limit of 8'6". But I only pull them 20 days out of the year.

Thanks
Customer preferred package 22G luxury group

Electroluminescent instr cluster
Steering wheel mounted audio ctrls
RR view auto dim mirror w/microphone
Power folding mirror 7x11
Power heated mirrors
Auto dim exterior mirrors
Ext mirrors with signals
Ext mirrors with courtesy lamps
Glove box light
Sun visor vanity lamps
Overhead console with garage door opener
Leather wrapped steering wheel

$695

This is from my window sticker

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

Power heated mirrors
Ext mirrors with signals
Glove box light
Sun visor vanity lamps

$695

That's a mystery, undoubtedly not the last one we will have. 22G is the Quick Order Package for the STL Pentastar and the other items are part of the Luxury Group. None of the build sites shows a "Power folding mirror 7x11" so that must have been an option in your market early in the model year. It seems that some options go in-and-out of availability depending on parts supply and scheduling, although it is a surprise to me that Ram ever offered a power-folding tow mirror; there have been posts in other forums bemoaning the lack of that option. You lucked out, I guess.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

Power heated mirrors
Ext mirrors with signals
Glove box light
Sun visor vanity lamps

$695

Well I don't see such as package in the US. There is something close, but it does not have the 7x11 mirrors. Just the standard ones.

Are the Canadian trucks built in the same plant as the US ones?

In any case, I will at least ask about it, if the 1500 diesel is introduced sometime before March 2014.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts