RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if 2 - 600/1000cc sportbikes can fit into a RAM 1500 bed with ramboxes? If anyone has experience with this?

Appreciated.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You might have trouble fitting 2 bikes wide - No pegs extending into the area with the wheel wells if you have ramboxes.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
2 ???

Nope... won't happen. Well... not without them touching. The Ram Box leaves you with a 4' bed width.

Reactions: borntoarrest

·
Registered
579 Posts
Found this on the net.

1242416818_dodge-ram-1500-laramie_4.jpg

·
Registered
334 Posts
You have 49" width to play with it might be possible but it will be tight that's for sure

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just curious, based off personal experience or just guessing?
2 full sized sport bikes are rough to get into a full width bed. Think "mini-truck" sized bed with the ram boxes.

Like I said... depending on the bike, and how wide your clip-on's are... they will touch, IF you can get them both in. AND... your tie down points will be shallow.

To answer your question directly... we will call it an educated guess. I've put a lot of bikes in the back of trucks over the years... and I know I couldn't get 2 sport bikes in the back of my Toyota.

OK... there is one way you could make it work... but I don't recommend it. If you put the second bike in backwards, they won't hit... but without compressing the forks some, it may fall over.

Reactions: borntoarrest

·
Registered
961 Posts
you'd have a hard enough time fitting 2 dirt bikes in there, let alone 2 sport bikes. As much as I love the idea of the Rambox I couldn't imagine losing that much cargo width (for my truck uses, anyways)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 full sized sport bikes are rough to get into a full width bed. Think "mini-truck" sized bed with the ram boxes.

Like I said... depending on the bike, and how wide your clip-on's are... they will touch, IF you can get them both in. AND... your tie down points will be shallow.

To answer your question directly... we will call it an educated guess. I've put a lot of bikes in the back of trucks over the years... and I know I couldn't get 2 sport bikes in the back of my Toyota.

OK... there is one way you could make it work... but I don't recommend it. If you put the second bike in backwards, they won't hit... but without compressing the forks some, it may fall over.
Damn I had a Toyota Tacoma (2007) and went to the track with 2 sportbikes all the time! With room to spare! What year toyota did you have?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread. Thought I would add a picture I found on the net to help give some perspective to others (Like Me!) coming across this thread. That's probably a 600cc sportbike. Maybe a 750. If anyone else has pics of motorcycles in a Rambox equipped bed, the pics would be greatly appreciated. Also, please indicate whether your bed is a 5.5' or 6.5' ft. Thanks!

Rambox_Motorcycle.jpg

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread. Thought I would add a picture I found on the net to help give some perspective to others (Like Me!) coming across this thread. That's probably a 600cc sportbike. Maybe a 750. If anyone else has pics of motorcycles in a Rambox equipped bed, the pics would be greatly appreciated. Also, please indicate whether your bed is a 5.5' or 6.5' ft. Thanks!

View attachment 7029
I think that same picture was posted on page one of this thread.

I don't have Ramboxes but did look at them closely before ordering my truck. And based on previous experience hauling 600cc and 749cc sport bikes, I would say Dr Honda was spot on with his suggestion that the only way to fit two would be to reverse one of them. I wouldn't personally want to do that, as there would be no good way to compress the front fork on the bike put in backwards. I never would have considered that with my Honda, not to mention the Ducati...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks. Guess I wasn't pay close enough attention. Would still love to see pics of bikes loaded into Rambox equipped trucks. Would make for good reference.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Ram boxes are a niche. I love mine . I actually use mine everyday.my problem on a 5'7" bed is when you install a toolbox across the bed is the amount of space you lose. Plus I could not reach in the middle of a tool box

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
You guys loading bikes and quads into the truck beds have my admiration. I watched a guy hurt himself loading a quad when it tipped off the ramp. I mean he got hurt.

To do that with a motorcycle and actually ride the thing up a steep ramp into the bed takes big ones. Surely it holds one bike inside the Ram boxes. Surely that one bike would not be mine unless it was an emergency. That's why I have a 5 x 8 Anderson trailer. Easy ride up, on and in. Same with the toy-hauler trailer I have.

Buy a cheap trailer. You will find lots of use for it and maybe save your butt for some riding fun on the road.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Like anything else, use the right tool for the job and it's easy and safe. The knuckleheads you see on YouTube are using ramps that are too short and/or flat.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
You guys loading bikes and quads into the truck beds have my admiration. I watched a guy hurt himself loading a quad when it tipped off the ramp. I mean he got hurt.

To do that with a motorcycle and actually ride the thing up a steep ramp into the bed takes big ones. Surely it holds one bike inside the Ram boxes. Surely that one bike would not be mine unless it was an emergency. That's why I have a 5 x 8 Anderson trailer. Easy ride up, on and in. Same with the toy-hauler trailer I have.

Buy a cheap trailer. You will find lots of use for it and maybe save your butt for some riding fun on the road.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts