RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any photos of their new ED 1500 with 17" wheels on the car? And, for the people who have actually gone through with changing the wheel size, has there been any issues? I'm close to pulling a trigger on buying a set of General Grabber AT2 (LT 285/70/17) but still a bit in the weeds as to whether it's going to be a clean swap. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
i changed from 20" wheels to 17" wheels, but not to a 285/70/17 - however there are a few threads with pictures. Not sure what issues you're looking/asking - there is no real issue as the OEM is either a 17" or 20" wheel. when making a swap between them your MPH is going to be a little off (2.1 mph) and your gearing will be slightly modified. i made the change for reasons that were important to me, wanted a taller sidewall, lighter wheel, etc. i can post pictures later when back at home if it helps any.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff....yeah, that helps. I want the taller sidewall as well. Those 20's aren't a solid 4x4 wheel.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Does anyone have any photos of their new ED 1500 with 17" wheels on the car? And, for the people who have actually gone through with changing the wheel size, has there been any issues? I'm close to pulling a trigger on buying a set of General Grabber AT2 (LT 285/70/17) but still a bit in the weeds as to whether it's going to be a clean swap. Thanks.
The wheel change has been discussed several times, just browse the forum. You can also look in my gallery for how my truck looks with LT285/70/17 tires (it came with P265/70/17). The dealer recalibrated the speedometer for free recently and it appears to be accurate according to my handheld GPS receiver.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'd post a pic of my TRUCK with 17's.... but you called it a car. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts