RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

I have a 2019 1500 Classic Laramie Ecodiesel Crew Cab 2wd purchased in May 2020. Located in Southern California, I purchased my truck from Santa Barbara and had it delivered down to Orange County. I own a Handyman company here and daily tow a 6300# remodel trailer w/800lbs on the tongue. Here is my build thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Current Modifications include:
Air Lift Load Lifter Pro series with wireless air
Rough Country 2" front leveling kit
Fastway ABLM 8" ball mount
BFG K02 285/65-20
Center console to jump seat conversion
Aftermarket chrome tow mirrors
JL Audio Stealthbox with Hertz ML Power 1 amplifier
Spray in bed liner
Debadged driver and passenger door
Tailgate strut
Nextbase 522gw dash cam
Auto Vox wireless backup cam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always been a basshead and one of the very first things I did was add some bass. I originally purchased a Fox Box for a single 12 under the rear driver seat. As you can see here, it was an absolutely awful addition. Not only did it require that I add 1" mdf spacers under the rear seats to fit, but it stuck out, hit your legs and overall just sucked. It's still sitting in my storage unit as a giant paper weight.
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Audio equipment Gas

I'm normally the type of person who will spend money on high quality products that I believe in and that generally make my life better. I quickly realized that what I wanted (and expected) was the best quality I could get. So, that lead me to the JL Audio Stealthbox. It fits perfectly under both seats, gives me (2) 10" TW1 subwoofers and plenty of bass. There are times I would like more, but 95% of the time it's perfect. I paired it with a Hertz ML Power 1 amplifier primarily because JL audio's 750/1 was on backorder at the time. I added a bass knob underneath the gear shift knob where the 4x4 controls would typically be. I am extremely happy with it. I will be upgrading the front and rear speakers at some point as well. BLAM audio most likely but TBD.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle Subwoofer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next up on the list was an air suspension kit for the rear. I originally wanted to order a Laramie with the air suspension package as I don't need a Limited nor did I feel like spending another $20k so I started looking at aftermarket air bags. Airlift seemed to be the best for my purposes. I purchased an Airlift Loadlifter Pro series (93365) and paired a wirelessair system (74000ez) with it. I did not opt for the jounce bumper. The remote works perfectly as well as the app on my phone. Here is a before and after with 880# on the tongue.

Also pictured. Fastway ABLM 8" ball hitch.

Before:
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

After:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a picture of my dash setup for those that may be interested. The screen is for my AutVox wireless backup cam that is hardwired to the trailer and truck for power but wireless for signal. On the dashboard is a Tymate wireless solar powered TPMS monitor (Amazon) for my trailer tires. Also pictured is my NextCam 522gw dashcam that I purchased from Best Buy specifically so I could buy a 3yr replacement warranty because in my experience, dashcams fail constantly.

Vehicle Flight instruments Cockpit Sky Mode of transport

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reserved

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reserved

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Nice setup the adds are pretty sweet. Looks like you're using apple car play as well, what kind of MPG are you getting pulling that trailer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts