RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much extra a 4WD weighs?

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Just threw out my 1500 2019 book. Surely you can find the weight difference on a site somewhere.

Did notice one thing from the video. The fuel filler has molded ridges , three acrosboth sides and the top. The old, green diesel caps do not fit well in there. I jammed mine into the 2500 and had to get a tool to pry it out. It will work but not well. Read they are designing a new cap with slots or you could grind the slots off. Just be careful to not drop plastic into the tank.

Back to the video when talking about the affordable pricing. In a 4 x 4 set up about the same my guess would now be an MSRP in the mid-higher $40's. That is a solid $5 grand more than the Ecodiesel was when I bought mine in 2014. That issue influenced me a bit because I also expect other models to be commensurately higher in price for 2020.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Just threw out my 1500 2019 book. Surely you can find the weight difference on a site somewhere.

Did notice one thing from the video. The fuel filler has molded ridges , three acrosboth sides and the top. The old, green diesel caps do not fit well in there. I jammed mine into the 2500 and had to get a tool to pry it out. It will work but not well. Read they are designing a new cap with slots or you could grind the slots off. Just be careful to not drop plastic into the tank.

Back to the video when talking about the affordable pricing. In a 4 x 4 set up about the same my guess would now be an MSRP in the mid-higher $40's. That is a solid $5 grand more than the Ecodiesel was when I bought mine in 2014. That issue influenced me a bit because I also expect other models to be commensurately higher in price for 2020.
Cap,

Just to put the price increase in perspective, 5 years of inflation at 2% is 10.4% so on a 2014 price of $42,000 a price 5 years later, allowing for inflation would be $46,370 so sounds like the increase is about equal tothe background inflation plus there is some added content.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Cap,

Just to put the price increase in perspective, 5 years of inflation at 2% is 10.4% so on a 2014 price of $42,000 a price 5 years later, allowing for inflation would be $46,370 so sounds like the increase is about equal tothe background inflation plus there is some added content.
So who gets inflation increases in their income?

Seriously. When I retired in 1999 I got a pension. That pension, dollar figures wise, is identical today to what it was 20+ years ago. Money earned from savings is .1% or so instead of the old 5-10%. Sometimes I laugh at the interest for taxes of less than a dollar for the whole year from the bank.

What is happening is the workers today make the inflation with their salary increases and demands. That takes us retirees out of the market big time and inflicts a major financial burden that only ends when we end. Fortunately, that usually is not all that long. I sometimes feel sorry for being retired over 20 years and still alive. Heck, even the nursing homes are inflated so much you better die before you need one.

To me and mega others, an increase of say $5,000 is $5,000 just like it was 20 - 30 years ago. Getting old takes lots of planning and then you die. Don't plan, enjoy what time you have and then suffer from inflation issues. There is no easy solution.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
captain , some of us get " indexation to cost of living " added on our pensions ,
cost of living goes up one year , pension goes up by a fraction of that , grows slightly over time to try and keep up
with cost of living ...

·
Registered
343 Posts

Seriously. When I retired in 1999 I got a pension. That pension, dollar figures wise, is identical today to what it was 20+ years ago. Money earned from savings is .1% or so instead of the old 5-10%. Sometimes I laugh at the interest for taxes of less than a dollar for the whole year from the bank.

What is happening is the workers today make the inflation with their salary increases and demands. That takes us retirees out of the market big time and inflicts a major financial burden that only ends when we end. Fortunately, that usually is not all that long. I sometimes feel sorry for being retired over 20 years and still alive. Heck, even the nursing homes are inflated so much you better die before you need one.

To me and mega others, an increase of say $5,000 is $5,000 just like it was 20 - 30 years ago. Getting old takes lots of planning and then you die. Don't plan, enjoy what time you have and then suffer from inflation issues. There is no easy solution.
Old age ain't for sissies.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts

WEll I get a bit on my social security some years but I live off of savings and investments and investments done properly and conservatively can yield 4% or so above inflation long term. Look for a proper money market fund at Vanguard or Schwab and you can get 2% or a bit more on cash savings. So at least it stays even with inflation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts