RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
awesome! i feel that the norm for these trucks is no problem/some small things. It just so happens that no one ever posts the good side on the interwebs. just issues. Cant wait until mine gets here!!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm at 3900 miles, and it's been a great truck. Not a single issue.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
2973 miles when I parked her for the night. 26.8 mpg overall, 0 problems (other than a tire pressure light coming on and it read 0 psi... Shut it off and restarted and it was fine), I'd estimate I've used 1/2 tank of DEF, so in doing pretty well on fuel but seem to be burning the DEF at a quicker than expected rate even though I don't idle much. Oh well, don't care.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Right with you RG. Just over 2,000 miles and not a single issue. It's actually getting much better.

Reactions: rg firefighter

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just turned 5k miles with zero issues other than topping of the DEF at 4500 miles, it was between the half mark and the empty red area. The air suspension which gets mixed reviews and sometimes questioned as necessary or worth it has worked as it should as well. Looks like the oil life is on target for 10k miles, I am just under 50%. The only problem ( not serious ) has been the 4wd buttons not illuminating with the rest of the dash lights It's only happened about five times so far, restart the truck and lights work perfectly. Mileage is hovering between 26 - 28 m.p.g which is all highway driving and no towing, so far. Most of my trips are around 64 miles a day running at 65 m.p.h. I know the nine speaker stereo system gets mixed reviews, so far I really like it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm at 6000 miles now and I took it in once for updates and reflashes for a few intermittent warning lights that might have been caused by my obd2 adapter other than that it has been great. I think mileage for the life of the truck is about 23.5 mpg I am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am also right at the 2000 mile mark too. So far no complaints. Averaging about 21 mpg in city driving, and 26.8 on a trip up to N Florida, steady 75 on highway and 60ish on county roads.

Had to fill the DEF tank because dealer delivered it on 1/2, but gave me a $50 voucher to auto zone to purchase it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am also right at the 2000 mile mark too. So far no complaints. Averaging about 21 mpg in city driving, and 26.8 on a trip up to N Florida, steady 75 on highway and 60ish on county roads.

Had to fill the DEF tank because dealer delivered it on 1/2, but gave me a $50 voucher to auto zone to purchase it.
What gear ratio did you get? Will be mostly cruising back and forth to work in the 70s range and got stuck with the 3.92s since it isn't on the order sheet I got from the dealer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
4500 miles. Several check engine lights. 2 reflashes completed and 1 pending. No time to go to the dealer and wait.

·
Registered
471 Posts
3300 miles so far and no trouble. MPG 19-21 in the city, 26-28 Hwy and 14 when towing a 7000 pound travel trailer. Just added 4 gallons of DEF to fill the tank as it was at the half way mark.

·
Registered
610 Posts
2100ish miles, zero issues....knock on wood. 21-23mpg city, 28-30 on the highway. The worst we got was 22mpg last weekend, but we were pushing strong headwinds. Every time we stop somewhere, people are always enquiring about the truck. Nice. Love it. First truck we've owned in 20 years!

I

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
2100ish miles, zero issues....knock on wood. 21-23mpg city, 28-30 on the highway. The worst we got was 22mpg last weekend, but we were pushing strong headwinds. Every time we stop somewhere, people are always enquiring about the truck. Nice. Love it. First truck we've owned in 20 years!

Nemesis, what kind of mileage did you get towing your trailer and how much does it weigh? You have a nice looking rig.

I

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bruce, thanks. I don't know. We have a seasonal spot. Our old 08 Grand Cherokee CRD brought it down, With the Jeep, we averaged 12 MPG, the trailer is 7150lbs Dry. We won't have to move the trailer again until September.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts