RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a line on someone selling a tonneau cover from his '09. It's a CL sale so if I wait a month for my truck to arrive, it will likely be sold. Near as I can tell the dimensions of the box of the 2009 crew cab shortbed and 2014 (no Rambox) is the same. Anyone disagree with that?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I dont think it will. As I recall... 2010 was when the new body came out for the 1500.

Best thing to do, is find out what manufacture it was from, and check their fitment guide.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Have a line on someone selling a tonneau cover from his '09. It's a CL sale so if I wait a month for my truck to arrive, it will likely be sold. Near as I can tell the dimensions of the box of the 2009 crew cab shortbed and 2014 (no Rambox) is the same. Anyone disagree with that?
Most of the part numbers for aftermarket stuff is organized in a blanket category of '09+, the minor changes in body lines are fairly insignificant with it's a tonneau cover. I'm pretty confident it will fit, but if you call up a random dealer(GOOGLE!) of the brand they'll be able to tell you and might even have experience. If it works, I'll almost guarantee they've done it, if it kind of works I'll bet they have experience and if it doesn't work I'll bet they can tell you why. The body-hugging cap I ordered for 2014 would fit it(the '09), that was a question I asked just in case I abort my Ecodiesel purchase and grab a '13 off the lot.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up not getting it the tonneau. If anyone is near Charleston, SC and wants a hard tri-fold tonneau, see Craigslist. I tow a lot and have gotten used to an aux fuel tank. If I get a tonneau I want it to allow access to the front of the bed where the aux tank filler would be. This tonneau didn't allow access to the very front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts