RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just would like to pass on a bit of info I have learned about the fuel filters on the 2013+ 3500 trucks and 14+ 2500's. As we all know there is the rear "course" filter/water separator and the engine mounted "fine" filter. There is not really any options for the front, which leaves you with the Fleetguard FS53000. Wix has come out with the WF10255NP for the under-hood but I was not able to find enough info on it to give any sort of opinion.

The rear unit is made by Racor. Mopar relabelled it as the 68197867. Racor PFF54529. According to Parker Racor, their umbrella corporation, Clarcor also owns Baldwin and Hastings. They confirmed by email that the Hastings FF1279 and the Baldwin BF46031 are all the exact same filter, just different name on it. You will find prices vary crazily on these but they are assuredly the same. Fleetguard recently came out with the FS20089, which eerily looks exactly the same as the Racor units. Now Parker and Fleetguard are great to squeeze info from but both became silent on this filter, not able to give any info out. I am currently running the 20089 as I am confident it is the same or of equal quality/efficiency. Wix has the WF10112 for the rear filter but I never heard anything back from them when I enquired about its numbers or origins. I have yet to speak with Racor about it.

Also for oil filters, Hastings LF608 is the same filter as the Baldwin BT7349. Just different paint. These filters have some great efficiency numbers, slightly behind the Fleetguard LF16035 but at almost half the cost.

Cummins Western Canada has yearly sales on filters as well. I was able to get the FS53000 and FS20089 for 135$ tax in out of Lloydminster, which is a smoking deal in Canada. The CCV filter CV52001 goes on sale for about 67$ before tax. LF16035 down to 22$ before tax, which is still abysmal.

In a small town I had been through called Cut Knife (google it) I found a small farm/fleet store that carries the LF16035 for 18$ all day long. FS5300 for 70$ before tax. With a land location or PST # you can skip PST all together. LF608's can be found for under 10$ on sale. Rockauto carries the FF1279's for 46$ Canadian before shipping/tax.

Just FYI to help you guys save some money. I do not wish people to step back on filter efficiency but rather save cash on the good stuff. If I run into items for the ED I will post as well.

Edit: I always mix up the 2500's. They run the same filters 2013 and up. It was 2014 when they updated the front suspension and axle.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Old post, but thanks for sharing. Starting to look up parts for my dad's '18 cummins as I do all his maintenance for him. Went with mopar parts this go around, got both fuel filters and an oil filter for just over $100. How does that compare to what you are paying for aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At our current exchange, that runs to about 126 Canadian, which is still a hell of a lot better than up here

On sale I picked up the Baldwin BT7349 oil filter for 10$ and BF46031 for 76$ all in. The FS53000 has went up at the ag stores, got it for 87$ all in.

We get ripped off around every corner up here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts