RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update 5/15/20
While in for service to address a slight tapping in suspension, dealer noted some oil weeps, determined blow by excessive. Truck seemed to be running fine and wasn't using enough oil to worry about between changes (<1/4 qt). New engine has been installed under warranty. Other than alternator & A/C compressor nothing from old power plant was carried over to new unit. Steering rack replaced to address inner tie rod play.

Time to sell Clifford our big red ED as a new 2020 ED is about to arrive at dealer for me. The truck is in nice conditions and highly optioned for a Big Horn. Options include Ram Box cargo management, remote start& security group, Rear defroster, Power tilt/slide sunroof, wheel to wheel side steps, Connect 8.4 with Navi, Ram camera w/ Ft & Rr Part assist; Trailer brake control and power, heated towing mirrors, auto dim rear view mirror, & inch multi-view inst cluster, heated front seats & steering wheel. Original owner all service records. Air Lift 100 bags in rear springs. All keys, owners manual. Will be fitted with new tires at time of sale. It was hit in the rear by a Miata taking out bumper and trailer hitch and the RF corner took a hit when a Sentra pulled out in front of us. Air bags did not deploy in either case. Comes with stock AEM updated ECU and GDE ECU. Truck has just over 226, 000 miles. Tranny replaced under warranty at 150K. All rear suspension links & bushing replaced with OEM in last 50K, rear diff & axle bearings at about 150K, front wheel bearings in the past 5K. Clear title, located near Greenville, SC. PM if interested. More photos available on request.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Time to sell Clifford our big red ED as a new 2020 ED is about to arrive at dealer for me. The truck is in nice conditions and highly optioned for a Big Horn. Options include Ram Box cargo management, remote start& security group, Rear defroster, Power tilt/slide sunroof, wheel to wheel side steps, Connect 8.4 with Navi, Ram camera w/ Ft & Rr Part assist; Trailer brake control and power, heated towing mirrors, auto dim rear view mirror, & inch multi-view inst cluster, heated front seats & steering wheel. Original owner all service records. Air Lift 100 bags in rear springs. All keys, owners manual. Will be fitted with new tires at time of sale. It was hit in the rear by a Miata taking out bumper and trailer hitch and the RF corner took a hit when a Sentra pulled out in front of us. Air bags did not deploy in either case. Comes with stock AEM updated ECU and GDE ECU. Truck has just over 226, 000 miles. Tranny replaced under warranty at 150K. All rear suspension links & bushing replaced with OEM in last 50K, rear diff & axle bearings at about 150K, front wheel bearings in the past 5K. Clear title, located near Greenville, SC. PM if interested. More photos available on request.
View attachment 85980 View attachment 85979 View attachment 85981 View attachment 85982 View attachment 85983
Nice truck. How did you get a new transmission at that mileage covered under warranty?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 100K I bought a Mopar 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. My dealer has been outstanding in taking advantage of it. Rear end got a rebuild, it was noisy under load. Tranny was noisy and getting noisier covered under the warranty. All locating links for rear axle were getting tired, bushing wise, ditto done. Water pump, EGR cooler. About to get front shocks as one rattles a bit and they final are in stock after being on back order for a month. Something along the lines of $15K in stuff has been completed under the warranty.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few other things that have been done at around 175K miles, radiator was weeping so it and oil cooler were replaced along with assorted coolant lines/hoses. Nice truck, need a new home, my 2020 has arrived and will be fetching it this weekend.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it in to dealer for the front shocks under my extended warranty. Dealer "noted a slight oil seepage, that might be blow by". They got approval for a new engine under the extended warranty. Amazing. Whomever ends up buying this truck gets it with a fresh engine and lots of other relatively new bits.

·
Super Moderator
3,235 Posts
Wow who is your dealer and who is your extended warranty with? Great truck. My son in law just bought same color 17 or he might have been interested in this one. What gear does it have 3.92 or 3.55?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vern,

Hi. Dealer is Piedmont CDJR in Anderson, SC. They have been outstanding to work with. I've never been fed any bull by service department and the diesel tech there does a good job. The warranty was a 3 year, unlimited mileage MOPAR policy that I purchased just before 100,000 miles. It has the 3.55. While I would have preferred the 3.92, we stumbled into this truck at the Anderson dealer while out looking at the then new 1500 ED. Somebody had ordered it but could buy it. I got a solid deal on it. Window sticker attached to show how it is equipped. It pulls by 8K enclosed car trailer just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was about $3k, 3 year unlimited mileage. Paid for itself multiple times over.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts