RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have 2014 with 119k miles wont start engine cracks no start we pull codes……. crankshaft sensor we put new sensor we send the truck to dealer they dont solve me the engine spins Good no noise or something...

thankss

·
Registered
236 Posts
Omg they put in a new sensor but not reluctor wheel? Damn. That's the part that goes bad on these. See if you can't find my thread on it. I had to change mine out this year. Whole transmission had to come down

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
This is why I continue to go to my favorite mechanic whose information I showed in my thread about my reluctor wheel problem. His logic was that it was the reluctor wheel--the cheap part--that was bad. But he also replaced the expensive crank position sensor just because it "might" have gone bad and it would save me the cost of dropping the transmission again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I doubt it. I've never seen a crank sensor go bad on any vehicle or boat I've ever owned. I'd be willing to take that risk. That crank sensor was hundreds of dollars!

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I doubt it. I've never seen a crank sensor go bad on any vehicle or boat I've ever owned. I'd be willing to take that risk. That crank sensor was hundreds of dollars!
You have never owned a Ford 7.3 powerstoke then. Everyone I know who owns one carries a few spares around in their tool box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts