RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered truck on March 12, started production on 3/28 and now has a "shipped" status (4/2). - Looks liked they have ironed out some of the new model (eco-diesel) snafus. Interesting to see how long it will take to actually get to my dealer (Lakeland, Florida)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Don't get too excited yet. The VOTS system will say shipped after it's released from inspection. BUT... it could be stilling in a storage lot, waiting on a rail car.

With that said... shipping has been speeding up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mine shipped on 3/22 and is expected to arrive at the dealer on 4/7. I am in Houston, TX. Assembly plant was in Warren, MI.

·
Registered
150 Posts
They put you in shipped status just to make you feel good. That's no guarantee the truck is on it's way. They told me 4 to 6 weeks delivery time from time of order (Feb 16th). I think it'll be more like 8.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My truck was through final inspection and waiting for a rail car for over 3 weeks. I ordered the second week in January. I am a very patient person but my patients are running low. congrats to you guys getting yours, (honestly)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You may have ordered the second week of January but the factory didn't except orders until the 7th feb. So don't even count that first month.... just sayin

·
Registered
132 Posts
You may have ordered the second week of January but the factory didn't except orders until the 7th feb. So don't even count that first month.... just sayin
Ram nor my dealer suggested that my order would not count till Feb. They accepted my order then! They even made it sound as if Canadians had a head start. I expected a long wait and I am patient, but I have heard for 3 weeks that it is built and waiting for a train, I have logistical issues with the trade in of my current truck but can't do anything till they tell me the new one is moving.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
They were from what i understand producing very limited numbers in january, but sales didnt start until feb. U kinda got screwed there, but the rail yards it sounds are really starting to move but there is delays with rail especially canada because of the governments new law giving grain from out west a priority for the next 8 weeks on the lines also they are hauling massive amounts of crude from north dakota to the east coast which is slowing things down further.....but at least this warm weather has them running faster and longer trains so that will help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ordered truck on March 12, started production on 3/28 and now has a "shipped" status (4/2). - Looks liked they have ironed out some of the new model (eco-diesel) snafus. Interesting to see how long it will take to actually get to my dealer (Lakeland, Florida)
Mine sat in "Shipped" status for over 30 days before in was actually delivered to the dealer on the west side of Michigan. Good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts