RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have some great news to share with everyone. It looks like RAM Trucks Build and Price just went live with the diesel option for the 2014 RAM 1500. There's nothing better than being able to customize your truck from top to bottom so you know what kind of money you're looking to fork out when it comes time to buy. Now before anyone gets too excited thinking the launch is right around the corner RAM has informed us that they are still looking at a Q1 2014 launch, so don't get your hopes up of being able to get your hands on one this year. Luckily 2014 is just around the corner so let that put a smile on your face.

Folks be sure to head on over to RAM Trucks and take advantage of the Build and Price today. Before we sign off we'd like to remind everyone to please be sure to share your build with the community -- trim, colors, options, price the whole nine yards! We'd love to see everyone's builds. Good luck and Enjoy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've built several 1500 diesel versions on 3 different sites (RamTrucks, NADAGuides, ConsumerReports) since the start of September. I did this to get a handle on options and costs. I hate that Ram is still following the old, confusing model-and-package ordering scheme. None of the models allow exactly what I want but this is as close as I can get:

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4 6'4" Box
Western Brown exterior paint (not yet available on ramtrucks.com)
Lower Two-Tone Paint
Canyon Brown/Light Frost Beige Interior Colors
3.0-Liter V6 Turbo Diesel Engine (of course)
8-Speed TorqueFlite Auto Trans 8HP70
Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
17" x 7" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels
LT265/70R17E OWL On/Off-Road Tires (dealer installed)
Front And Rear Rubber Floor Mats
Remote Start System
ParkSense Front/Rear Park Assist System
Trailer Brake Control
Air Suspension, 4-Corner
Engine Block Heater
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Protection Group
Convenience Group
No sunroof, sidesteps or bed liner

MSRP is around $51k with invoice $47k.
Of course, colors and options go in-and-out of availability so no telling when I might actually be able to order this build.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've tried on 5 different computers this week and the configurator refused to let me select options. Wondering if they deactivated something since its not officially released to the public yet. I can build a 2014 2500 and a 2013 1500 no problem but 2014 1500 doesn't cooperate.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried on 5 different computers this week and the configurator refused to let me select options. Wondering if they deactivated something since its not officially released to the public yet. I can build a 2014 2500 and a 2013 1500 no problem but 2014 1500 doesn't cooperate.
hmmmmm....that's odd. I just went through the process and it worked fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been quoting out pickups over the last couple of weeks and have been disappointed that it will not allow me to add a RamBox to a Laramie Longhorn. It is only showing as an option on a Tradesman and a Laramie Limited. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I built an Outdoorsman to get body colored front and rear bumpers since the Sport trim is not available with the the Diesel. Only gripe I have is that I can't have 3.92 gearing which makes no sense since the Outdoorsman seems to be an off-roadish style trim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
'14 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" Box
Cherry over Black two-tone (Sexy)
3.0-Liter V6 Turbo Diesel Engine
8-Speed TorqueFlite Auto Trans 8HP70
Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS
Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Trailer Brake Control
Power Sunroof
Comfort Group

MSRP 45,010

Should be noted that standard with the Outdoorsman comes:

Standard Class IV receiver hitch
Standard lighted four- and seven-pin harness plugs
Heavy-duty cooling, including a mechanical-electrical fan and transmission cooler, for larger loads
Limited-slip differential
Tow Hooks
Remote Start
Convenience Group
Heavy Duty Shocks

Attachments

Reactions: cereal killer

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to replace my '05 Rumble Bee. I wanted a "flashy" truck back then, but I'm looking for a little more luxury, as I have to drive a few hours each way for work (two to three times per month).

I am going for the Laramie Limited in True Blue, and the Limited only comes in Crew Cab. It comes standard with the leather interior, air suspension, bed liner, wheel-to-wheel step, full electronic suite, premium audio, and ever bell and whistle except the trailer package, sunroof, RamBox, and the tonneau cover. I'll probably spring for the cover since I can fold it up to throw a motororcycle it the bed. I feel better with the bikes in the 6.25' bed because I still feel insecure with the back end sitting on the tailgate.

Dealers in my area don't seem to know when the EcoDiesel Rams will come in, so I'll probably place an official order this week to make sure I get it as soon as it's available.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Issues like on certain models and configurations, you need to change from 17" to 20" wheels to add the rhinoliner???

·
Registered
281 Posts
It acts like the program locks up. 2014 Big Horn Crew 6'4" bed 4x4, usually wont even let me pick a color. I skip over the color option and sometimes it just wont let me select any options. They highlight but wont check. I know others on the www have said they've had issues before but you'd think Ram would get it working if they want to sell trucks...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I like the outdoorsman. My well equipped outdoorsman is just over 47000 with springs. Not sure if I am going with the air.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts