RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely looking to throw on a cool set of Bushwacker Fender Flares on the 1500. I know they're not for everyone but I really dig the look

·
Registered
102 Posts
Color matched or?

Just be sure to get A/T tires that are extra wide or new rims with an offset. Also, be sure to note that the Bushwacker Fender Flares don't meet up with the front bumper, so they may look a little odd to you. I was going to get some until I noticed and its like staring at a beautiful woman with a big red dot on her forehead. My eyes just keep going back to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I purchased a set of the Mopar fender flares. They come in a set of four. Part #82211720. Price is about $300.00. Black in color.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That bugs me as well. I don't know why someone doesn't make a fender flare that gradually slopes back down into the front bumper so it looks more factory.

I think that's why the Ford Raptor looks so good with large fender flares because they extend the lower front bumper out so it's flush.

Color matched or?

Just be sure to get A/T tires that are extra wide or new rims with an offset. Also, be sure to note that the Bushwacker Fender Flares don't meet up with the front bumper, so they may look a little odd to you. I was going to get some until I noticed and its like staring at a beautiful woman with a big red dot on her forehead. My eyes just keep going back to it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
nuthin a little Bondo cant fix...
Hey, I don't care how skilled you are, bondo doesn't belong on someone's forehead... Oh wait you mean on the truck. Yes, but shouldn't be needed and I find it difficult to believe that one one would do an adequate job for a reasonable price.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't like fact that the Bushwackers come up short in the front either. EGR makes pocketed flares that go all the way to the front bumper and they cost less.

Tom

·
Registered
213 Posts
The Bushwacker OE style flares come with assorted front extensions so you can install them with the shorter extension if you have a separate chrome (or painted) bumper and a longer extension for the Sport or Limited painted bumper. I know because I recently purchased a set. I have just had them painted and hope to install on my Limited in the next day or so. I will post pics when installed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It got dark on me so sorry about the pic... I just put these on.
I had my bushwhackers painted and they look way better because the gap is less conspicuous. I taped them on when they were still black and didn't like the gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
They look good in body color, but I want to leave mine black because I'm going to wrap the lower part of the fenders and doors in black satin vinyl for the two tone Outdoorsman color scheme (didn't care for the gloss black factory option). I'll probably be using the EGR pocket flares because they do go all the way to the bumper and the color/texture should match the vinyl nicely.

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats weird went to have tires, rims ,bull bar, and bushwacker pocket flares. when I went to pick up today they said the flares did not fit because the ED Longhorn bumper is different from gas Longhorn.....Looks like i will have to call and put someone on the spot. Is it possible that it fits a ED Bighorn but not the ED Longhorn???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thats weird went to have tires, rims ,bull bar, and bushwacker pocket flares. when I went to pick up today they said the flares did not fit because the ED Longhorn bumper is different from gas Longhorn.....Looks like i will have to call and put someone on the spot. Is it possible that it fits a ED Bighorn but not the ED Longhorn???
Absolutely not. They are exactly the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The only thing I noticed is that the ED emblem has to be taken off or moved up...Maybe that's what they're referring to. I dry fitted the pocketed bushwackers before I took them to paint today..Everything looked normal.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The only thing I noticed is that the ED emblem has to be taken off or moved up...Maybe that's what they're referring to. I dry fitted the pocketed bushwackers before I took them to paint today..Everything looked normal.
I was already debadged so I didn't catch that. Good info!

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I have considered BW, Lundt and EGR OE style flares and ended up totally confused. BW is too expensive. Lundt looks like they will hit the Ecodiesel badge. Not sure about EGR. That leaves MOPAR... Does anyone know what will work without debadging?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts