RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I finally posted a YouTube video of my truck and did a review on it. Here's the link:

Don't mind the title. My buddy has put it on his channel for me and put the video down as "2014 dodge ram..".

Hope you guys enjoy!

I'll post my findings on bluespark soon.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice review thanks!

Does the GPS directions display anywhere in your instrument cluster?

I am hoping it does. I think that would be a major oversight as other manufacturers do this so you aren't looking to your right.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
I quit at the 1/2 way mark. 15 minutes of watching some child's computer game with all those buttons, and googly ****, turned me off. Was hoping to see a truck review, not a computer toy review. Maybe the last 15 minutes turns to actually going somewhere, hauling something and showing the drive-train components that actually do the work. Trucks are to get you and your gear from point "A" to point "B". What you are supposed to do in the time of that movement is pay attention to the road, not play with buttons in a movie theater.

I have a compass in mine also. It's got a safety pin attached to it and is laying on that shelf cup on the dash. If I leave I can pin it on my shirt and take it with me into the hunting woods. . Just have to be careful I don't stab myself.

Man I hope all that stuff keeps working. If it breaks the repairs will be outrageous.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Be open minded. Use of one's car or truck is like color selection. We have choice for a reason. If this truck was utility only, I would have bought an SUV. The profit Ram will get from me can now be reinvested in R&D for new features, both utility features but also creature comforts that widen the customer base. This will be my family vehicle and have 3 hong kids. I care a lot about the nice features in this truck, and will be adding more. The manufactures now recognize that the profit comes from the premium versions with below and whistles. Just a guess, but if they are like many OEM manufacturers, they probably make no profit on their base models that are only utility. Like most auto companies, if they sold on utility features only, they would be out if business in a couple years. It is that important.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I quit at the 1/2 way mark. 15 minutes of watching some child's computer game with all those buttons, and googly ****, turned me off. Was hoping to see a truck review, not a computer toy review. Maybe the last 15 minutes turns to actually going somewhere, hauling something and showing the drive-train components that actually do the work. Trucks are to get you and your gear from point "A" to point "B". What you are supposed to do in the time of that movement is pay attention to the road, not play with buttons in a movie theater.

I have a compass in mine also. It's got a safety pin attached to it and is laying on that shelf cup on the dash. If I leave I can pin it on my shirt and take it with me into the hunting woods. . Just have to be careful I don't stab myself.

Man I hope all that stuff keeps working. If it breaks the repairs will be outrageous.

doesn't the metal of the safety pin interfere with the compass?

nice video!

·
Registered
505 Posts
That's a truck you can certainly be proud of.

My first Ram truck, a 2005 regular cab was a 6 cylinder 3 speed automatic, no options, hand crank windows, no cruise control, basic, basic truck but I loved it. My second Ram was a 2012 Bighorn with lots of toys, loved it too. Now I'm in an ED Laramie with most all available bells and whistles. My butt gets cooled on hot days and warmed up on chilly days. Love those toys! I wish mine had front parking assist. That would come in handy. And I miss my running boards.

Again, congrats on your top of the line Ram ED.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol thanks guys. Captain I'll definetly be making a performance video soon. I just wanted to clear up all the options with everyone. As for everyone's questions, yes the navigation works in the gauge cluster. It's turn by turn. There are a few things I forgot to talk about. Hill start assist is also in the settings screen. There also some more options but I completely forgot to talk about it. The running boards were on my truck when I picked it up. I thought that they were stock?!? The limited definetly has a lot of gizmos but that's what I wanted. I am only going to be towing a couple of seadoo's and a small boat to the cottage so it works for me. Plus the sound system is quite good for a stock set up. Plenty of bass from the alpine head.

I didn't go into performance detail since iam still playing around with bluespark. Once I determine the perfect setting I'll throw another video up and explain about performance gains and efficiency.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still waiting on my Laramie... killing me. One thing I didn't get was the wheel to wheel running boards. There's a few OEM models but I like the ones you have on your limited. Could you try and find out the model number on those so I can look them up aftermarket? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great job on the video. One of the better overall reviews I have seen. I'm still waiting for my ED Limited, should be here soon in early June. Can't wait much longer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My eco1500 is like a work truck :) vinyl floor and seat's for easy clean up :) this truck is so luxury I would be scared to use it as a truck , But it is very pretty ,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Everybody uses their truck for different things... that's why there's so many trim levels. A little something for everyone. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got the Laramie limited as well, black on black. I will say that I'd be reluctant to use it as a ranch truck, but then again, that's not my life. Opted for this instead of a Tahoe or something of the sort. It has some better utility when hauling furniture or a trip to Home Depot. All the features and gadgets fit well with our lifestyle. And the backseat leather has already be baptized by a box of coco crispies. I'll be finding those damn things for years i think. Just to echo the sentiment already offered in the thread, trucks serve a different purpose for different people.

And re: the gadgets going haywire, I opted for the extended warranty. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice video job! We didn't order the Limited but got the Laramie so we could have two-tone paint. Your interior looks great! I'm not sure what we won't get. 'Little' things like the LEDs at the door levers, etc?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great! Then I'll be trying to find my way outa this one in the dark too!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I enjoyed your video. I also ordered the Limited and plan to use it to travel and haul a few sleds in the winter and a travel trailer in the summer. I was not aware of some of the features that came with the limited until I saw your video. I may see you on the highway someday as I am east of Toronto.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spang86... Does your truck have a white cap on it now? I saw a truck in Burlington tonite that looked VERY similar to yours.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts