RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

2014 Ram 1500 Owners Manual and Diesel Supplement is online

30K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Dieseldragon 
#1 ·
#3 ·
There are brochures on ramtrucks.com (bottom of page under RESEARCH). The brochure for 2014 Rams does not say much but at least has a table showing which options go with which models. The 2013 brochure has much more info most of which is true for 2014. I've heard that dealers do not get printed versions because of cost cutting.

Attachments

#5 ·
That's all Ram provides. Their website is a work in progress and most popular info should find its way there eventually. In the meantime there are review and consumer sites that try to cover the details with varying degrees of success. It would be great if this forum had a section that organized all the latest specs and options so we could make sense of it all--not an easy task with a moving target! Even the people who should know stuff may not; when I was asking a Ram rep questions, he tried to answer a couple of them from an iPad through his corporate links but came up empty.

#6 ·
Well said. I'm sure that most of us internet guys know more about the trucks than the sales people do. One thing I am trying to figure out is what is standard in each trim level(in detail). I know the little 5 page (really 2) brochure shows some but not all.I like your idea of creating a section in the forum for this.

#8 ·
My 2.8l takes 6.4 quarts. I put an oversized filter on it, and it brings it up to 7 quarts. My old 7.3 IDI took 11 quarts. For a motor less than 1/2 the size of my 7.3, that is enough for me.

#11 ·
LCR if you're asking about engine oil, the capacity is 10.5 quarts with filter.

#14 ·
There is an 800 number in the users guide that you can call to get printed copies of the Owners Manual, Diesel Supplement and the 8a.4 radio guide for free. You just give them you VIN and in about 3 days they show up at your door.

1-866-726-4636

You must be the first registered retail owner.

#16 ·
same question !!!! I just purchased a 2016 ed. All I read is related to an OWNERS manual...NOT a service manual. 'In the old days' (2004 for example), you could buy a Helms manual(s) for GM vehicles. These were service manuals...not simple owners manuals. If you find out, let us know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.