RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No seriously, I WOULD LIKE TO BUY ONE DODGE. ARE YOU LISTENING???

Sheesh, this is the biggest "delayed launch" since the Apollo1.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
From what I am hearing, blame the EPA on this one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wish they would just let us order. We know the approx fuel ratings. I will even sign a form stating that I know the fuel ratings are not official. Let's get this moving before I change my mind or some news from gm makes me wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, but I called the GM Truck hotline and talked with them. I would very much like to buy a Diesel Silverado 1500 -- no such thing exists, at least anywhere than can be spoken about. So either they are being real secretive about it or GM has no plans.... Of course, they tried to steer me toward a gas powered 1500, and then toward a diesel 2500 -- ha ha. They don't get it.

I'm with you, I am giving GM a 45 day notice -- if I don't hear something by January 1st (first day I can order the Ram), then I am going to order.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I agree, but I called the GM Truck hotline and talked with them. I would very much like to buy a Diesel Silverado 1500 -- no such thing exists, at least anywhere than can be spoken about. So either they are being real secretive about it or GM has no plans.... Of course, they tried to steer me toward a gas powered 1500, and then toward a diesel 2500 -- ha ha. They don't get it.

I'm with you, I am giving GM a 45 day notice -- if I don't hear something by January 1st (first day I can order the Ram), then I am going to order.
2016 Colorado Diesel was announced today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have started looking to buy a Silverado 1500 with a 5.3L Aluminum engine. I have found some 2011 models with less than 50K miles for around $21K and they are getting 22MPG highway and 16 City. I'm out of time Dodge, you guys delayed so long that people are moving on without you.

Sadly,
Brian in Knoxville, TN

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I have started looking to buy a Silverado 1500 with a 5.3L Aluminum engine. I have found some 2011 models with less than 50K miles for around $21K and they are getting 22MPG highway and 16 City. I'm out of time Dodge, you guys delayed so long that people are moving on without you.

Sadly,
Brian in Knoxville, TN
You're bitching to Dodge. They don't have anything to do with pickups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one for sale white laramie with 17600 miles on it for 41500 if you are interested or anyone else is? I am located in upstate south carolina

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado with a 5.3L, i've been towing my racecar all over the southeast and getting a solid 18 MPG while towing. It's NOT a diesel, but it has enough power and creature comforts to keep me happy with the purchase after 20,000 miles. I have had ZERO problems with this Chevy and I'm just DELIGHTED with the purchase.

Oh, and I paid $26500 for it with Leather interior, extended cab, bluetooth, towing package and locking diff.. yeah -- she's the right package for me at 12-15K less than RAM.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I am getting 28 on the highway....how about you ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts