RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reportedly only 159 pickups with the 8 speed ZF tranny built between Jan and Feb 2014. Of course this isn't the Dec 2013 fracture ZF recall.

The Problem: The transmission case on certain four-wheel-drive 2014 Ram 1500 pickups may have been improperly machined, which could prevent the park pawl from engaging when the transmission is in park. If that were to happen, the vehicle could roll increasing the risk of crash or injury to vehicle occupant or a pedestrian.

The Fix: Chrysler will notify owners of affected vehicles to have dealers inspect and replace the transmission if necessary. The automaker will begin notifying owners in May 2014. Concerned customers can contact the automaker at 1-800-853-1403 with questions regarding recall P13. Owners can also contact the NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Recall: Ram 1500 4x4 Pickups for Transmission Issue - Motor Trend WOT

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's scary for all us pre-order guys. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow, I hope Im not part of this. So far I havent noticed any issues.

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
Thought the transmission in our Ecodiesels was a different one using a larger pawl to lock it in Park.

Guess I and others will find out as my truck was built in February.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts