RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Ram Ecodiesel is throwing a code for my cylinder #4 glow plug. I bought a new one but I can't seem to find where they are located and Google failed to show me a picture of where they are too. Can someone post a picture of where glow plugs are located? Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
They don’t come out easily, mine has been at dealership for over a month because they broke one in the head and couldn’t get it all out. Took 30 days for the new head to arrive now maybe it will be installed this week. That was with the assistance of a FCA Executive Referral Manager. June, July, Aug 53 days in shop(timing cover, turbo, AEM, glow plug and now head). Hoping the 30 days out of service will get me a buyback.

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 CC 4x4
5,051 Posts
Pending what climate you live in I wouldn't worry about it.

I know I live in a generally warmer area than others, but I wont replace the glow plugs unless it wont run without them. We only get cold enough for them to cycle on a few times a year anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
# 4 is the first one on driver's side. They are between that manifold and the fuel rail underneath what I have circled in the picture. The plug is plastic with a piece sticking up at an angle to grab on. I ended up taking an air blower and blowing out everything I could in the vicinity. Then I sprayed some good lube on it. I used quarter drive hand tools and just loosened then tightened it while counting the turns then stopped for a few minutes to let it cool down. All in all it took about 30 minutes before I felt comfortable enough that it would come out. Then I did one a few weeks later and it came right out no problem. I did put anti seize on the new ones. Just be gentle and I think you'll avoid any problems

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,650 Posts
Good advice cleaning out the area and spraying penetrating oil. The design allows for exposed threads that can create a problem when removing.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts