RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I bought my truck with 58000 miles. Bought the extended warranty because of experiences I’ve read about. Okay so up until this point I’ve changed oil twice, fuel filter once and air filter. Everything has been excellent with my truck. Last week driving around going up a small hill my truck seemed to have a hiccup( best way to explain the feeling while driving) nothing big. Then about a hour later a ding and check engine light... then another hour the service def see dealer truck won’t start after 150 miles message. I called the dealer drove home and bring it in the next day. Im gonna call them B Motors. They’ve had the truck going on almost a week now. The technician says it keeps throwing codes, the P something and he’s traced the problem all the way back he says. Then he mentioned they had to call Chrysler to see if they can replace the pcm or something. He was talking quickly and I couldn’t quite understand what he was saying. Has anyone experience this before and what was the outcome? Sorry for the long message.

·
Registered
524 Posts
With out the code nobody can tell you anything. The "P" would indicate a power train code followed by the code "number". The PCM is the Powertrain Control Module.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Sounds like they really don't know what the issue is and want to throw a new PCM at it at FCA's expense. I hope they figure it out soon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Same model year of truck, ended up being to scr system on dealers dime...they delivered vehicle with 0% def i told them I wouldn't take it without covering the system. And 200 miles late was in your boat....think they ended up paying 3,000$

·
Registered
524 Posts
Same model year of truck, ended up being to scr system on dealers dime...they delivered vehicle with 0% def i told them I wouldn't take it without covering the system. And 200 miles late was in your boat....think they ended up paying 3,000$
?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts