RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I am new on here I wanted to let you all know that I purchased a brand new 2014 Eco Diesel from Peel Chrysler back in Dec, I was very happy with my purchase and the dealer was great unfortunately I was driving on the 401 last wednesday and when I went to pass a vehicle I heard the engine got real load I pulled over immediately oil pressure, engine lights,engine temp was all fine, I called dealer and they actually told me to drive it to them, I explained to them that I thought it wasnt a good idea there response was it still runs, drive it and if it breaks down you have roadside assistance anyways, I was really surprised by there advice, so I pulled back on the hwy and 150 meters later Kaboom the bottom of the engine scattered all over the 401 engine oil was everywhere. truck only had 14800 kms on it I barely drove the truck, I had to pay for the tow back to Peel Chysler as the roadside assistance wanted me to take it to some some dealership off the hwy and I felt it was in my best interest to bring it back to the people I bought it from, so far Peel Chrysler has been very accomodating giving me a rental, bad new is they say it will take min a month to have new engine installed. I really hope this isnt common as I just bought my wife a 2015 EcoDiesel Grand Cherokee Summit I will update on progress with warranty I would prefer to get a new truck as I dont feel its fair that all that money spent on purchasing this truck now I will always have this hanging in my mind that this truck has had major work done to it and I will question its reliability

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tailgate lock was broke two months after getting the truck had to have it repaired also same time they did a recall on computer download

·
Administrator
8,413 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am new on here I wanted to let you all know that I purchased a brand new 2014 Eco Diesel from Peel Chrysler back in Dec, I was very happy with my purchase and the dealer was great unfortunately I was driving on the 401 last wednesday and when I went to pass a vehicle I heard the engine got real load I pulled over immediately oil pressure, engine lights,engine temp was all fine, I called dealer and they actually told me to drive it to them, I explained to them that I thought it wasnt a good idea there response was it still runs, drive it and if it breaks down you have roadside assistance anyways, I was really surprised by there advice, so I pulled back on the hwy and 150 meters later Kaboom the bottom of the engine scattered all over the 401 engine oil was everywhere. truck only had 14800 kms on it I barely drove the truck, I had to pay for the tow back to Peel Chysler as the roadside assistance wanted me to take it to some some dealership off the hwy and I felt it was in my best interest to bring it back to the people I bought it from, so far Peel Chrysler has been very accomodating giving me a rental, bad new is they say it will take min a month to have new engine installed. I really hope this isnt common as I just bought my wife a 2015 EcoDiesel Grand Cherokee Summit I will update on progress with warranty I would prefer to get a new truck as I dont feel its fair that all that money spent on purchasing this truck now I will always have this hanging in my mind that this truck has had major work done to it and I will question its reliability
Welcome to the forum, Jason. Best of luck getting back on the road.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Any inclination to come to a forum and learn about your truck or share you're good experiences before you experienced an engine failure?

Another Canada truck blows up.... How many miles? were oil changes done correctly, or with HEMI oil?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
14800 kms I came on the forum to let people know about my experience as this is severe and most of us when spending $70,000 on a truck work hard for our money this shouldnt happen to a brand new vehicle this is obviously a issue with assembly from new and when spending this kind of money I would expect better quality

·
Administrator
8,413 Posts
14800 kms I came on the forum to let people know about my experience as this is severe and most of us when spending $70,000 on a truck work hard for our money this shouldnt happen to a brand new vehicle this is obviously a issue with assembly from new and when spending this kind of money I would expect better quality
Thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had a similar experience with my 1997 F-150. Long story short having the truck down sucked. The problem occurred at 34,000 miles right before 3yr 36,000 miles. So ford replaced my engine. I was happy with a new engine at 34,000 miles. I also got extended warranty. The hiccup sucked but in the end I was pleased with extended warranty and engine. Having to wait 2 months for repairs sucked.

I hope in the end you get a happy ending with your truck. Push them to pay for an extended warranty.

·
Registered
417 Posts
So sorry to hear of this and I hear your concerns with a major repair such as this. I drove mine down to NFLD and back last May and can only imagine how awful I would feel having something like what you experienced happen to mine. Can you tell us if your oil was ever changed and where it was done. Also any other maintenance done prior to this incident ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
We have heard of a couple early 2014 models having engine failure that i believe someone traced back to the engine factory.... Perhaps yours was one of those that slipped through the cracks...

I hope you get your truck back on the road... likes mourns said push them for an extended warranty on their dime..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry to hear about your engine failure. I had a Dakota I bought new in 2000 and the engine had to be replaced under warranty at 60,000km due to bad piston. 15 years later and over 280,000kms I sold it to a friend and its still going today. Hopefully the mechanic will take better care to build your engine than they did at the assembly plant.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Guys,
Mine blew too. I have a 2015 and it had about 12k miles on it. There saying November or December before getting a new motor. I've heard of a few on this forum and the dealer has another 2015 in his shop waiting for a motor. There are others out there too. I feel it's a good motor but had some production issue... Time will tell...
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Things do happen when it involves humans building it.

2002 I bought a brand new Chevy Conversion van. Within one week the rear end started leaking. Dealer said they had to try to locate a " spare " rear end before they could order one. I told them I was leaving in 2 weeks to tow my camper to Florida ( 1,000 miles). Kept checking with them and it kept leaking. They put some sort of " super glue " on it and told me to keep driving.

Shortly after my arrival in Florida, it started making grinding noises. I barely made it to a local dealer as it got LOUDER. Dealer there said they will need to do a complete rebuild. 4 days later I had it back. Fixed but it's just the idea that a new vehicle should do better.

I agree that they should but they just don't always do so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts