RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My truck has been at the dealership for this code almost two weeks which is longer than I have had it since I bought it. I replaced my fuel filter when it started acting sluggish on my first long trip. I brought it to the dealership the Monday after that weekend and they have had it since. So far they replaced the turbo duct, O2 sensor, and turbo hoses. Each time they have driven the truck over 50 miles to see if the CEL stays off but keeps coming back on. Today the service manager calls me to tell me they don't know what to do next and are awaiting Chrysler's direction. It may involve getting the Chrysler field tech to troubleshoot. Service manager said they haven't seen this code very much. Asked him if they checked the fuel system and EGR he said code isn't related to a emissions issue but I wonder about the fuel system. Bought my truck CPO with 41k miles. Definitely second guessing my choice as my 12 Hemi was a beast tuned and never had an issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My truck has 133000 miles on it been in the shop for your problem they found the intake manifold had a softball size hole in it. The replaced intake manifold both fuel injector rails all the injectors found the manifold clogged with carbon deposits, cleaned carbon up and replaced EGR precooler and valve. Do not let them tell you it is a bad filter because the code signals a loss of electrical to the number one cyclinder ejector.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yes I have read many threads about the "bad fuel". The biggest thing that screws me up is that there's was nothing wrong with the truck except the P026C fault code. It ran great. It ran better better before they did the emissions computer update but still ran great. Thanks for the follow up Kazimodo.
Get the insurance company check, buy the GDE compliant tune and I'll bet your codes will be history, and the truck will run better than ever!!!
Pocket the difference.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My 2015 just threw a P026C last week, looks like I’m joining the crew. I tried swapping out my fuel filter over the weekend just in case even though I only have about 10K on it and it came on again today after clearing it. Truck has about 88k miles on it and will be calling the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My truck has 133000 miles on it been in the shop for your problem they found the intake manifold had a softball size hole in it. The replaced intake manifold both fuel injector rails all the injectors found the manifold clogged with carbon deposits, cleaned carbon up and replaced EGR precooler and valve. Do not let them tell you it is a bad filter because the code signals a loss of electrical to the number one cyclinder ejector.
My 2014 Eco Diesel Rain 1500 has had this issue for over two years and the dealer has done everything from replacing the whole emissions system (I mean everything) I have even had My DEF tank replaced and fuel injectors replaced. The finale outcome is they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CORRECT THE ISSUE. On my end I've tried every Fuel Additive on the market, Different Gas stations and Truck Stops, Tried changing my fuel filter every 6,000 miles Nothing and I mean Nothing has worked. If someone ever finds a solution I would appreciate it, but until then I keep driving my truck (which runs great by the way) with the engine brightly glowing as I drive along.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My 2015 just threw a P026C last week, looks like I’m joining the crew. I tried swapping out my fuel filter over the weekend just in case even though I only have about 10K on it and it came on again today after clearing it. Truck has about 88k miles on it and will be calling the dealer tomorrow.
I just picked mine up from the shop who had it all week and they were pretty stumped, I guess there was an update due and they also found that the MAF sensor plug was a bit loose. Honestly not sure how that would have happened but between updating and that they called it good. If the code came back they'd need a Star Case. Drove home and ran a couple of errands without issue, so we'll see if it stays clear.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Lasted about a week and the P026C popped back up, truck has been back at the dealer all week. No updates from them as of yet.

FWIW I do have the AEM and new EGR, both were done at the same time in maybe in April a few thousand miles ago.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got a call from the dealer today saying they believe the issue is one of the O2 sensors as well as a boost sensor. After initially saying it wasn't covered under the AEM they double checked and are replacing both under warranty. We'll see if this corrects the issue or not.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts