RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my GDE ECM which served me very well in my 2015 Ram ED. I'm asking $550 incl. shipping to 48 lower US. This was purchased 6-13-19 which to my understanding was pre-EPA. I'm also including Trans tune if it can be used. I kept my stock ECM which I swapped in when submitting vehicle for AEM reflash & was in the truck when it was traded in. ECM has oil psi sensing, NO off-road, Hi-idle, Engine Braking, Regen message, Axle ratio 3.55. Initial investment was $2K+ I'm selling because I no longer need it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will ship this to GDE upon half payment from buyer. Once validated pay me the rest and GDE gets the green light to make your changes. This seems to take out some of the guesswork from the transaction.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's my understanding that GDE won't touch the pre epa approved tunes, but, the obd2 app can be used to change injector codes and align the ecu with the new truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, my bad- I wasn't aware of that detail, nevermind the shipping to GDE. I'm still looking to sell.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
ECM has oil psi sensing, NO off-road, Hi-idle, Engine Braking, Regen message, Axle ratio 3.55.
Nicely optioned ECM tune for someone. Do you have the oil pressure sensor and wiring that came with the tune?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So as to absolve liability via epa, I'm suggesting this tuned ecm be used off-hiway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for the oil psi sensor and wiring I choose to delete that aspect of the tune due to the fact it didn't seem to have any effect on the oil psi readings & worst yet it was a very visable mod that was a PIA to change back come time for warranty work.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
As for the oil psi sensor and wiring I choose to delete that aspect of the tune due to the fact it didn't seem to have any effect on the oil psi readings & worst yet it was a very visable mod that was a PIA to change back come time for warranty work.
Now I'm confused because your original post says the tune has the oil pressure sensor option. It either does or it doesn't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No reason to be confused, The original tune had the oil psi sensing but I omitted it as it seemed ineffective & was a clear modifcation that would tip off the dealership techs. I thought I still had the sensor & wiring handy if somebody wanted to trouble themselves with it but I was wrong. So, Edit-no oil psi sensing.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
No reason to be confused, The original tune had the oil psi sensing but I omitted it as it seemed ineffective & was a clear modifcation that would tip off the dealership techs. I thought I still had the sensor & wiring handy if somebody wanted to trouble themselves with it but I was wrong. So, Edit-no oil psi sensing.
Is the tune setup for the option or not? If it is and you dont have the hardware then so be it but saying its omitted is confusing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True that I should've checked to make sure I still had the hardware for the oil psi sensor before I claimed that option, when I posted the piece for sale I took the details of it from the detail sheet I received from GDE. After I omitted the hardware it didnt make any real difference of the oil psi readings. The oil psi sensing option is something that was quite bogus to me and in hindsight I wouldn't have went with for the extra cash.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
So your oil pressure read correctly and no check engine light when running the tuned ECM without the GDE oil pressure wiring and sensor?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts